"I know what you truly called me here for," she said as she turned to me.

I bit my lip and looked at her nervously. "And would you tell me what I want to hear?"

"I will, Your Grace," she said, without a moment of hesitation.

I looked away, realizing that I have many questions to be answered. I need to take my chance when it is offered to me.

"Did Xander talk to you before you came here?" I began out of curiosity.

"He did not," she sighed, sadness evident in her eyes. "He sent Nathaniel to me who said that I should not speak to you about anything else," 

"And you do not mind disobeying his orders?"

Lady Daraa gave me a long look before looking at the hand I held hers with.

"I came here when the present King's grandfather was the ruler. From a distance, I did respect him but not more than I respected the Queen,"

"She despised that he had affairs while he was married to her, but she never had much say in it. But when he brought back with him, a son, her rage knew no boundary. I still remember how she yelled at him while crying. Her tears only empowered her."

"That day, she swore that she will bear him one child. She will never allow him to enter their room again after that. That is what she exactly did. After they had Prince Aren, I never saw the two interact. But when she died, I had never seen him so upset. Even if he never loved her, he wished he had."

"After that, he never even looked at another woman. He honored her too late. In a few years, it was King Aren who I served. The reason why I admire him is that not only he is a lovable King but a doting husband. He was faithful to his wife."

"Now...it is King Xander. Even if he is, I may not obey him if he treats his wife like this,"

She glanced at me, only to find me crying even more. I held her arm even tighter, as some sort of consolation.

"I love him," I whispered. "But he just makes it so hard to keep on loving him..."

Lady Daraa sighed and placed her other hand on mine. "I know you are angry at him and you have every right to be. But for now, there is nothing you can do, Your Grace,"

"Why is he not talking with you?" I questioned, wiping my tears away. "What have you done that is so unforgivable-"

"I am his Godmother," she blurted out. "And he wished that I raised him as his mother had wanted,"

I stopped speaking for a while and just blink. I was shocked in a way words can't describe. And because of that, I couldn't form a proper reply.

"Before all this, he was kinder to me," I told her. "He talks more about our child and in some ways, he is affectionate to me,"

I glanced at the ring on my hand, the one Xander gave me, the one which belonged to his mother. I still remember that night because it was too beautiful to forget.

"I gave him his mother's diary she gave me before she passed," Lady Daraa said calmly. "Perhaps from there, he got to know how his father behaved with his mother."

I paused, thinking about what she said. Xander did want to learn how to be a good husband and father. He said that before his emotional outbreak, he was coming to me.

"I knew that his mother was pregnant when she left." Lady Daraa went on. "He blames me because I did not convince her to not go to her homeland,"

"But that is not your fault!" I reasoned, looking into her eyes.

The Lonely Warrior QueenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara