ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 74

Start from the beginning

I ignored all of the group piping up their reason as to why I love them the most, Sirius staying unusually quiet as he simply caressed my lower back, as I jotted some more notes down with my quill, voicing blankly, "Yes, yes you're all the apple of my eye, my love is infinite for each and everyone of you"

Remus wrinkled his nose, taking a slurp of his coffee and muttering, "That sounded very convincing"

"Never did I think i'd hear the day you were all arguing who Mallory Grindelwald loved more. Oh how times have changed" Noelle sighed, nudging her best friend when she hummed absently in agreement, fumbling around in front of her for her coffee with looking, blushing faintly when Sirius helped by spreading her fingers around the steaming cup.

"One could say she just has that sunny and positive effect on people that draws you in" Regulus remarked, the entirety of the group looking towards me when I raised my head to sip my coffee, my eyebrows raising at them when they suddenly all burst into laughter earning quite a bit of attention around us.

"What are your plans for the holidays, Mallie?" James quizzed, fixing his crooked glasses and sending a goofy grin in hopes to persuade me to go with him, though I hadn't really made up my mind up yet, except one thing I knew for certain.

"I'm going to see daddy" I responded nonchalantly, scanning the page of the book Regulus just handed me pointedly, reading that some of the founders artefacts are believed to be myths or haven't been seen in centuries. Good. They'll be east to find then.

"You're doing— doing what?" Lily breathed, Sirius biting his lip when he looked towards the paling copper haired girl— who had just began to warm up to his girlfriend, nervousness bubbling in his stomach when his Rory repeated,

"Going to see—"

"I heard you the first time" She said coolly, my head raising towards her plainly, studying the anger fogging her green irises as she glared at me, my tone bored as I mumbled back,

"Why'd you ask me to repeat it then?"

"Because she's stupid" Regulus answered not so quietly, James jabbing his ribs with a frown, though Regulus rolled his eyes and pushed him away from him with a few swears, Peter rubbing the back of his neck and blurting jokingly,

"She's doing a fan collection. Next on the list is Voldemort, right Mal?"

The others laughed weakly, Regulus, Sirius and I all exchanging a knowing glance, nodding our heads once to the comment. I think the dark wizards are more interested in me rather than me be more interested in the dark wizards. I'm everything they want and more.

I began packing my things away, conscious of breakfast coming to an end and other students beginning to file out towards their first lesson of the day. Everyone else followed suit, wandering off to their chosen Newt level classes on their timetables.

Sirius grinned, tugging her bag off her shoulder and throwing it onto his own as they walked leisurely behind Remus, Noelle, James, Lily and Marlene who had chosen to continue potions this year. He glanced to her out of the corner of his eye when his hand brushed against hers, feeling his stomach swarm with butterflies when she laced their fingers together smoothly.

"Amortentia today I think, I saw him setting up when I was on my way to breakfast with Reggie. How lovely" I informed him, playfully bumping him with my hip to earn that booming laughter that melts the ice around my heart everytime.

"Want to miss the boring questions at the beginning?" He asked mischievously, trailing the figure of a heart on the back of my hand, heat raising up the back of my neck, nodding my head eagerly.