ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42

"𝕹o no no no" Regulus and I groaned, stepping into the Gryffindor common room on the day of 'love', spying the decorative hearts stringing down from the ceiling, pink and red flashing lights, everyone dressed in red, pink and white and a banner t...

"𝕹o no no no" Regulus and I groaned, stepping into the Gryffindor common room on the day of 'love', spying the decorative hearts stringing down from the ceiling, pink and red flashing lights, everyone dressed in red, pink and white and a banner that spoke 'Happy Valentines Day, love the Marauders'. There's couples or pairs dancing, talking, snogging, being cheesy on the awfully romantic day that makes me want to scratch my spooky eyes out. I promised Sirius I would come, and I'm already deeply regretting it but i'm a woman of my word.

"That's it- i'm leaving" He muttered, causing me to curse, dragging him back and sending him a glare,

"If I have to stay, you have to stay" I told him, a whine escaping his lips, stomping his foot like the child he is, "Look- Noelle and Remus are over there....Peter's eating that girl's face....and James is over by Sirius with the massive crowd of girls around them" I mumbled, spotting each of them, something uncomfortable settling in my stomach with the girls around the boy. He wasn't my boyfriend or anything official so I couldn't really be jealous- but I definitely was. Even though he wasn't doing anything to them, just standing there.

"Let's get a drink first" Regulus decided, glancing to the girl beside him as she kept her eyes on his brother, a frown on her face and her lips pursed no matter how much she tried to hide it, "Firewhiskey?"

"Yeah, sure" I muttered, taking a sip of the alcohol after immediately picking one up, relishing in the way the liquid burned my throat. I looked back over to Sirius discreetly, observing him shift away from a girl that tried to touch him, a breathy chuckle escaping his lips.

It was strange to see him in something other than dark clothes, but he suited them, a white dress shirt with a few buttons undone to reveal the top if his chest, my lips tugging upwards at the red hearts drawn on his shirt where his nipples are. He was wearing some red trousers and his usual combat boots, his dark locks dusting his collar bones, perfectly styled as usual, my heart thumping in my chest at the sight of him. It was ridiculous what he was wearing, but he still effortlessly attractive, handsome.

"Mallie, you've been staring at my brother for five minutes...why don't you just go over there?"

"No, he'll come to me" I scoffed, drinking some more of my drink, scanning around the common room, trying not to grimace at the sound of muggle Dolly Parton's 'I will always love you' playing in the background, not really the usual beat you would have for a party, but people seen to be enjoying it. I snickered at the sight of Gilderoy Lockhart looking at himself in a small compact mirror, practicing his smile, nudging Regulus to look over there, the boy snorting.

"That creep is full of himself" He mumbled, shaking his head at the sight, before drinking more of his firewhiskey, glancing over to his brother and best friend, locking eyes with them and pointedly looking down at the white haired girl looking the other way standing in front of him.