Chapter 31 - Akshara - Heightened Senses

Start from the beginning

Abhimanyu shook his head and grabbed the spoon before placing it back on the plate.

"Akshara...we need to talk...about yesterday." Abhimanyu gulped, watching me with hazy eyes as I served myself some pasta and mashed potatoes.

"Yes, go ahead. I'm listening." I replied as I poured myself a glass of wine and opened Abhimanyu's beer can.

"I'm sorry, very sorry for how I reacted yesterday. I shouldn't have come under Vikram's influence. I shouldn't have accused you of being a liar. I shouldn't have compared you to Shanaya. I should have asked you for an explanation." He rambled quickly, as if he only had seconds to speak.

I shook my head and placed a finger on his lips, asking him to quiet down.

"Shh." I whispered, shaking my head left to right softly.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I should —h..have trusted you. Please forgive me. Please." He stammered, interlocking his eyes with mine.

I could feel his hands trembling as he gripped my finger that was brushing against his lips.

"Yes. Yes, you should have trusted me." I stated simply, as I removed my finger away from his lips.

Abhimanyu furrowed his brows, looking down at my hands, avoiding my gaze.

"So don't ever do that again." I added, watching the colour reappear on his face as he perked up, looking at me excitedly.

"I promise, I won't." He promised.

"Good. Because next time I am not going to be as forgiving." I replied, moving in close to him.

Our eyes interlocked as I pushed the food aside and moved in towards Abhimanyu, both our gazes lowering to each others lips. The closer I moved to him, the more he leaned back, holding me by my waist. I moved in closer, and closer until our noses were brushing against each other.

"Akshara." Abhimanyu's voice hitched as he took a deep breath. Both his hands gripped my waist just as the dress I wore rode up my thighs.

"Shh." I ordered, before leaning in and crushing my lips against Abhimanyu's, pulling him in for a passionate kiss. Our tongues dueled with each other, as Abhimanyu groaned against my mouth, making my confidence shoot up.

I pulled away from the kiss, both of us breathing heavily, gasping for air. I watched with pride as Abhimanyu was left speechless, and his eyes glossy with desire.

Within seconds, Abhimanyu was on me like a starving animal. He crushed his lips against mine in urgency as he pulled himself over me. I leaned against the armrest of the sofa, wrapping my arms around Abhimanyu as he pulled himself over me, pushing his hands under my knee length dress.

"Abhimanyu." I said unsurely, gasping for  breath in-between our frantic kisses.

"Abhi." He demanded, pulling out of our kiss.

I looked up at him hazily, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him back into a deep kiss.

"Abhi." He bit my lower lip, pushing back a strand of lose hair away from my face.

"But you told me to call you Abhimanyu." I pushed back.

"And now I'm telling you to call me Abhi." He demanded authoritatively.

"Abhi...manyu." I teased, rebelliously pushing his buttons.

"Akshara!" He warned, exasperated, making me giggle.

"Abhi..."

His eyes lit up and he leaned back in, crushing his lips against mine for another soul piercing kiss. His hands brushed against the side of my breast as his thumbs grazed over my taunt nipples, pebbling them further.