four

Season 1 Episode 3

---

"I don't think you even needed me," Jenny Brown joked as she studied Evie's detailed notes. Evie rolled her eyes at her comment, "Don't say that. I don't think I could've survived my first week in Chilton without you,"

After meeting each other, Evie and Jenny have been interacting with each other while Jenny willingly helps Evie adjust to Chilton by staying by her side and helping her study. Right now, the two are studying in Jenny's house which took Evie a lot of convincing to enter her grand home, feeling a little overwhelmed at the large house.

"Yes, you don't have to repeat how amazing I am," Jenny flipped her hair and passed the notes to Evie.

Evie chuckled at her antics as she took her notebook from her and placed it inside her bag, fixing her things for her departure.

Before one of them could utter a word, a new presence joined them in the living room of the Brown Residence. "Fancy seeing you here, Mary,"

Evie turned her head upon hearing the nickname and she saw Tristan leaning against the wall, a smirk on his face.

Tristan Dugray has made it a practice to always approach Evie in school every day, and although it can be pretty annoying, Evie somehow enjoyed his presence and was grateful at some moments when he was able to put a smile on her face. Though, he is still calling her 'Mary'.

"Go away, Tristan," Jenny groaned at his entrance as she took a pillow from the sofa and threw it in his direction. The blond laughed as he dodged the flying pillow and exited the room after sending Evie a wink.

Once the teenage boy was out, Jenny sent her new friend a sorry look knowing how irritating Evie finds Tristan.

"Why is he here?" She asked Jenny, curious at Tristan's sudden presence. "Oh, Tristan is my cousin and he's always here. Sometimes, I feel like he also lives here," She answered, prolonging 'always' to get her point across as she explained the situation.

"So, when do you think he'll stop calling me 'Mary'?" Evie asked Jenny but it wasn't her who answered. "Never," Tristan joined the two in the room again as he sat beside Evie on the sofa. "Jenny's mom is asking whether you'll join us for dinner,"

Jenny who was sitting across from the two frowned at his words, "What do you mean by 'us'? Eat at your own house," Tristan stuck his tongue out in response but kept his attention on the Gilmore beside him, waiting for her answer.

"No, I can't,"

Jenny frowned at her answer while Evie explained, "I have dinner with my grandparents," At the thought of it, Evie immediately stood up and took her bag, "I should probably leave, I still have to catch the bus,"

"You don't have to take the bus, I can drop you off instead," Tristan suggested as he also stood up, expecting her to accept his offer—but she didn't. "No," She didn't hesitate to reply, Jenny and Tristan noticed the lack of hesitation as Jenny hid her laugh, but her cousin still heard it and sent a glare her way.

Evie made her way out of the room but Tristan stood in front of her, stopping her. "Come on, let me drive you there,"

Jenny looked at the two with interest, somehow finding amusement in their interactions. "No," Evie simply said and tried to walk past him, but Tristan is determined as he followed her movements.

"Just let him drop you off, he won't stop until you agree," Jenny commented as she watched Evie start getting irritated with Tristan.

Eviestared at Tristan in contemplation while the blond grinned at her. "No,"