Chapter 2 [Headquarters]

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

You

"... What is that?..."

You asked, very weakly as Scaramouche was painfully removing your chains to transfer you to another room.

Scaramouche

"What's what?"

He rudely replied.

You

"That..."

You pointed at his neck, specifically a blinking collar on his neck.

Scaramouche

"Oh. The collar. You know what honestly, I'm not even supposed to be here, but I got caught on the run by that jackass Dottore. He told me I'll live if I help him get the secrets out of you, but knowing your sudden bad attitude, that's probably not happening anytime soon."

You

"Are you... Not a harbinger anymore?"

Scaramouche

"... How did you know that I was a..."

"Oh. That's right."

"Did she tell you about me?"

You nodded, too weak to say yes.

Scaramouche

*Scoff* "What a bitch... I hope she keeps my name out of her goddamn mouth."

"... What pisses me off the most is I'm not allowed to hurt you. You piss me off. So much. You know that?"

You

"We barely know each other and... This is our first time meeting each other in real life."

Scaramouche

"I could give less of a shit, I already know that I'm not gonna like you. I already don't, and that explains a lot. But, if I end up hurting you, the collar can detect it, and it kills me. I swear- If Dottore hadn't known how to make stupid tech devices or whatever the hell this thing around my neck is, my life right now would've been so much easier."

You

"... Damn, I didn't ask for you to full on vent to me. I'm not your therapist."

Scaramouche

*Scoff* "I wasn't venting."

He was plainly only trying to express the way he feels, but you were already annoyed with him. He was already annoyed with you. You were both annoyed with one other. Scaramouche slammed the chains on the hard, cold floor, which caused a loud echoing noise that pained your head even more, but he could care less about how you felt.

You collapsed to the ground, weary and feeble, as soon as the chains were removed from your limbs.

Scaramouche

"Get up."

You

*Sigh* "I can't, dumbass."

Scaramouche

"Tsk, you're just lazy."

Scaramouche gave you a dirty look before forcibly grabbing your hand and dragging you right up. He clutched your hand so hard that red marks appeared on it.

You

"Ow... Why isn't your collar going off? This hurts. Badly."

Scaramouche

"It'll only kill me if blood is spilled. If I punch you, I die. If I stab you, I die."

You

"So if you slap me, you won't die?"

Scaramouche

"No, I will."

You

"But no blood is spilled when someone is slapped."

Scaramouche

"That's different with me. When I slap someone, they will bleed."

You

"Eek, scary."

You said, with sarcasm.

You eventually made it to your new room after what seemed like a lifetime of limping... Which wasn't much of an improvement.

It was still chilly, perhaps even colder, but at least you had a place to lay. Which was a steel-framed rolling table with a tiny pillow at the top. Scaramouche shoved you onto the rolling table, and you could feel the chill on your back as you lay on it. 

You experienced a brief moment of freedom before your legs and arms were held in place while laying down.

Cold, steel shackles were forcefully clamped over both of your wrists and ankles.

You

"That hurts."

Scaramouche

"I could care less."

He unfolded a chair with one arm and dropped down on it, undoubtedly in a sour mood.

You

"Why me?"

Scaramouche

"... Why you?"

You

"Yeah. Out of all people who know secrets about the Fatui, why'd it have to be me?"

Scaramouche

"Because we figured that you'd be the easiest to get out of all of them. We obviously can't kidnap that stupid Electro Archon, and we know that the Traveler knows a whole lot too, but he's off limits."

You

"Traveler?"

Scaramouche

"Y'know... The annoying one with blonde hair. Always getting in my damn way..."

You

"Oh... I might've heard of the Traveler. They've visited Inazuma countless times."

Scaramouche

"I didn't ask you to tell me that. Now, if I do a job well done in interrogating you, I'll receive no punishment from the Fatui. So, you better start spilling."

You

"Weeell... I hate to break it to you, but I really don't know any of your secrets. Sorry!"

You teased.

Scaramouche

"Don't give me that bullshit, why else would you be here?"

You

"Because the Fatui are big meanies."

Scaramouche

"Are you trying to make a joke out of us?"

You

"Yeah. Why else would I be saying this?"

Scaramouche

*Sigh* "Interrogation is so difficult when you can't use methods of torture."

You

"Oh that's right, you can't hurt me! Hah! It's gonna be super easy to hide what I know then."

Scaramouche, who was not in the mood for whatever you had in store for him, just scoffed. You raised your eyes to the dull light over your face, which was facing the ceiling.