☆ I can't make any promises, ☆

Start from the beginning

"I guess, but it's just so impractical," he looks down and shakes his head.

"Like you're one to talk about practicality," you retort.

"Like either of you are one to talk about practicality," Mr. Joestar buts in.

As the day moved on, Noriaki seemed to feel much better. He looked healthier, and was definitely talking more.

No more than twenty minutes later, you were cramped in between Jotaro and Kakyoin in the back of an expensive automobile. Like, Lincoln level expensive. This thing was at least $40,000 USD, and with the exchange rates, who even knows?

Polnareff was gawking at the mansions that lined the highway. "Magnifique! This country's incredible! I mean, it's like every house is a mansion!"

"Yeah," Mr. Joestar agreed. "In Tokyo, one of these things would cost upward of ¥3,000,000,000."

"Not to say that everyone lives in luxury, but the average life in the Arab Emirates could be described as well off. It's because of the oil industry. Once they struck oil, everyone flocked the place. Rich people mean rich parties, too. I've only been here once but I had the time of my life," you trail off.

"No matter how nice the place is, it's hot as hell. At least we have air conditioning, it's not bad at all," Polnareff comments.

Kakyoin looks lost in thought, like something's plaguing his mind.

"What's wrong, Kakyoin?"

Jotaro beat you to the punch.

"It's nothing, I was just thinking about how open the landscape is here," he explains. "I know we could spot anyone watching us, but I just can't shake the feeling that someone is."

That's when it registered. The subtle buzz of energy associated with stand users. You could feel it in your bones.

"He's right, I feel it too. A stand user, doesn't seem to be strong by any means so I say we continue forward."

"Are you sure, Akira?" Polnareff asked, looking at you in the mirror.

"As sure as I can be right now," you lean back in your seat. "The presence is dull, so either this guy's close to us but weak as hell, or he's far away."

"We'll just have to find out," Mr. Joestar takes the reigns. "Back to business; I've given some thought to the route we'll take. Nearly 100 kilometers to the northwest, there's a village called Yarpline. The terrain makes taking a direct route to get there nearly impossible. To expedite time, locals use planes like the Cessna to get there. If you want my opinion, we should fly there."

He looks back at the three of you.

"You know, I've been apprehensive about getting anywhere near a plane. If a stand user attacked and the plane went down, we'd put innocent lives at risk like Tower of Gray. But, if we had a Cessna, I could pilot it. We'll save a couple of days at least."

"Flying in a Cessna piloted by a man whose been in three plane crashes," Jotaro chides. "Seems perfect to me."

"There could be more than three, I wouldn't be surprised," you comment.

Mr. Joestar grunts. "Those comments not withstanding, our top priority should be to cross the desert. It'll take us a day on camel-back."

Polnareff takes on a disgusted expression. "Camel-back? A Cessna is one thing, but camel-back? I've never ridden a camel in my life!"

Mr. Joestar laughs. "Just leave everything to me. I know these creatures well, I'll show you the ropes. You all sit back and watch the magic happen."

The urge to say something bubbled up in your throat, but you stopped yourself. This is gonna be good.