He's lying.

I may not be as quick to accurately observe everything about someone or something or even some place. Not like Harry. However, I've spent so much time with this man before me, that I know he's not being truthful to me.

Once our eyes meet, I grow spiteful. Suddenly, so angry that I could rip my hand away and use it to violently assault him. It's...painful. When I know his tricks. The fact that he still lies to me on a regular basis.

I clench my jaw tightly, shakily snapping, "You're not being honest."

"I am, Cata. Please, not now," he starts.

My hand, I snatch it away from his grip. He watches me carefully, about to speak but I beat him to it. "I've tolerated enough of your lies."

"I'm not lying," he angrily mutters through a tightly clenched jaw.

"I see it on your face, Harry," I persist. "You're not that hard to read. Not anymore you're not."

His silence declares my triumph. Which also contributes to the fact that he is lying right to my face, yet again. After a few moments of this, I grow too vexed to even look at him. I make my way out from the crowd, only to have him latch our hands again, his low voice reminding me our sole purpose.

"You're not going to like what I'm going to tell you," he confesses.

I cringe at his words, my mind already forming torturous predictions. Without looking at him, I feel my eyes sting with angered, frustrated tears.

"What did you lie to me about this time?" I whisper.

"You're going to be in hysterics," he murmurs.

My turn to shake with fury. I turn around in a split second. "What...did you lie about? Or at least try to lie about."

He exhales loudly, monotonously saying, "I called Louis when you were sleeping, and arranged that we meet up with him here at exactly five minutes from now."

My face pales. "What?" I spit, widening my eyes with horror. I was also shaking from the livid flow of my burning blood.

"Baby, before you absolutely lose it, let me explain."

"There is literally nothing to explain. You just called that psychotic bastard here!" I exclaim, gaining attention.

"Shh," he hisses, grabbing each of my arms. I try to tug them away, but he does not budge. "Listen. He only wants the codes. The ones you know. You give them to him, and he leaves us alone. Leaves you alone."

I shake my head, in absolute refusal to believe this. My nose scrunches up with fury as I remark, "You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'm going to give him those codes. We don't even know what they're for, Harry."

"I'm doing the only thing I can to keep you safe. I can't keep moving place to place, expecting them to find us at every fucking corner, Cata. You need to understand how fucking insane and maddening that is for me," he rapidly breathes out. I sense desperation in him. Something extremely rare. "How absolutely terrorizing it is."

I huff, almost laughing out of every emotion in existence. My despair is obvious when I warily whisper, "No. I won't give them to him. These codes can be so important, Harry. We have no idea what they can do. And he's a fucking psycho. He's got his ways to get around everything. He won't just let me go."

"I'll make sure he does."

"Harry, I cannot believe you lied to me. Again," I shake my head, glassy eyes gazing up at him with disgust. "I ca — you promised me you'd never lie to me ever again, but here we are. What else are you lying to me about?"

Utterly frustrated, Harry sighs heavily and watches me intensively. "Nothing else. I fucking promise you. This is the last time. I just need you safe. This is the only way I could fucking end this."

"Even if he does let me go...it doesn't change that Fray wants me dead. I have trusted every word you've said, and so far...I've only been wrong," I tell him, looking away. His hands fall from my arms, and I turn around rapidly.

Only to be faced by a pair of vibrant, amused, blue eyes.

"Haha, Harry mate, having girlfriend problems? I know the feeling," Louis Tomlinson grins, two of his men behind him standing broad and tall. I gasp internally, face paling further, and my eyes widening from astonishment.

Harry instantly grabs my hand, pulling me behind him. He stands before me with his intense glare, oftentimes being immediately intimidating for those on the other side of his gaze. However, I let go of him and move back in front.

Louis's extremely amused, eyebrows raised as he watches me. I spat, "You won't get a single number out of me."

"Oh, jeez. Relax, love. You sound like my wife when she first met me," he laughs, shaking his head, and then adding, "I pulled the flirt card on her."

"Save it," Harry firmly remarks, "We're here for one reason."

"And I already made my decision," I retort angrily.

Louis looks between us before settling on me. "Look, sweetheart. I'm a man of my word. And as much as I want to kill both of you die-hard romantics, I need those codes. You give 'em, and this all stops. This little war is off, and you, my little princess, are off hundreds of kill lists. I told Harry what I've got planned. Codes, and in exchange you get your safety."

Without an ounce of regret, I mutter, "I rather die than give them to you."

"Cata," Harry warns.

Louis's amusement fades, and he simply states, "I think we can change your mind."

n. so i'm not sure who's in the wrong here, so i guess i'll leave that to you guys.

thank you for reading. follow my twitter @zeffervescent