☆ You look like hell, ☆

Start from the beginning

"I'm forcing your grandfather to give us a night off," you break the silence.

He nods, presumably in agreement.

-

The two of you spot the three of them beneath the awning of an electronics store.

Polnareff waves before wincing. Did you really look that roughed up?

"Akira! What the hell happened?"

"The Lovers hurt more than I bargained for,"

"I'd say," Mr. Joestar responded.

"Mr. Joestar, I think we should all give ourselves a night off. Traveling this incessantly can't be good for any of us. Plus, I know the two of us have some business we need to take care of."

"But-"

"But what?" Polnareff dramatically interrupts. "My back is killing me! My feet ache! I need rest, monsieur!" He flails his limbs in order to make a point.

"Thank you for the performance, Polnareff," Kakyoin says, sarcastically of course.

You glare at Mr. Joestar, not breaking eye contact until his gaze begins to falter. He sighs.

"Fine, we can stay in town for the night."

Polnareff claps, "Thank you, Mr. Joestar, your kindness will never be forgotten!"

No more than half an hour later, you were already checked into the best hotel in town.

Room arrangements went as followed: Mr. Joestar and Jotaro in one, you and Kakyoin in one, and Polnareff in another.

On the way up to your room, Mr. Joestar stopped you. He handed you a stack of papers with a phone number clipped to the top. It's a SWF number, it has to be for Muhammad.

"Last time I made contact with the Speedwagon Foundation, they gave me these to give to you for whenever we got the chance to rest. It's mostly paperwork, and I'm guessing you've already figured out the phone number."

"Yeah."

"Good luck."

Kakyoin was waiting for you by the elevator. He had already pressed the button, so it was just a matter of waiting.

"Good job with Steely Dan, you really did a number on him," you compliment.

"Thanks," he responded, avoiding your eyes. "I didn't realize that you would be affected by it too, so I apologize."

"Noriaki, You got the job done, that's all that matters."

You grab his shoulder in an attempt to reassure him. Shivers go down his spine.

"Alright," he responds. The elevator rings, the door opens and the two of you step on. You press the button for the door and lean against the wall. He looks somewhat stiff, like he's nervous.

"You good?" you ask.

"Yeah, yeah," he trips over his words. "All good."

The elevator rings again and the two of you get off. You search for your room, 415.

Once you get there, you open the door and walk in. Two beds, a chair, a bathroom, and a half- railed window facing the street below. You throw your coat on your bed and set the papers down on your nightstand, picking up the small piece on top. You take a cigarette out of your pocket and light it, resting it between your lips as you urgently dial the numbers on the page.

Kakyoin sits in the chair across the room, looking out the window.

The phone rings in your ear.

The ringing stops, a deep voice on the other end greets you with a hello.

"Muhammad, it's me."

-

The two of you are on the phone for an hour, catching each other up, scolding each other, the usual. You've burned through three cigarettes and half a bottle of beer out of the six-pack you found in the fridge.

"I've missed you, . It's been so quiet, too quiet around here."

"I've missed you too. No one tells me off like you do."

The two of you say your goodbyes, and Muhammad hung up first.

You made your way over to the window where Kakyoin was asleep in the chair. You opened the window and snuck out onto the railing. Observing everyone below, simply living. You were jealous, but there was nothing you could do. You were finishing your beer when you got tapped on the shoulder.

You turned, it was Kakyoin.

You came back inside the room.

"Oi, Noriaki you good?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," he itched the back of his neck. "I thought maybe you should do your paperwork before you have one too many." He gestured to the bottle in your hand.

"Where's the fun in that?"

You stretched, making your way over to the mini fridge. You grabbed him a beer and ripped the cap off. He hesitantly took it from your hands.

"Don't tell me you've never had a drink before?"

He looked away, taking a sip before a grossed out expression spread onto his face.

"I can't say I have," he responds, tone remaining as stiff and nervous as he had been the whole night.

"You'll get used to the taste. Now, tell me, Noriaki... what's on your mind?"

-

Kakyoin was on his second bottle and had tried a cigarette for the first time. He'd loosened up since the beginning of the night, responding with jokes and witty remarks to whatever you would say. At some point the radio got turned on.

You grabbed the paperwork, cigarette hanging out of your mouth as you begin filling it out. Lying on the floor on between your beds, Kakyoin resting on your shoulder watching you fill out the lines.

"Why do you have to do that?"

"Part of my contract."

He rolls over, elbow on the ground and head in his hand.

"Contract?" He questions.

"Yeah, to avoid imprisonment I signed a contract. I would train to use my stand to benefit the world, and in return I would have the benefits that come with being an employee of the Speedwagon Foundation."

You were clearly more coherent than his poor, lightweight self.

"So, you like, do you get paid?"

"No."

He looked shocked.

"But why?"

"My life was spared, they let me stay with Muhammad. I don't need money."

He grabbed your hand, making you stop writing. He just looked at you.

"What?" you questioned.

He looked away, covering his lower face with his hand, never taking his other one off yours.

You leaned down, mimicking his position. You got closer, when you did you realized just how red his face was.

"Got something to say?" you tease.

"Yeah," he admits. "Ever since our first conversation, I've always thought you were great."

You didn't respond. You sit up, he follows your movement.

"I, I don't really remember what you said. Or what I said. But I know, ever since I-"

You grab his chin with your finger and thumb. He stopped talking and you gave him a little kiss on his cheek.

"T-thanks"

The night passed, Kakyoin found himself laying in your bed.

All the lights were off, but you were up, doing paperwork in the chair. The moonlight shone into your room, providing just enough light.

-

To be continued...>