Chapter 30: Mother's domain.

Start from the beginning

A huge slash mark ran down my chest to my abdomen as my blood gushed out. My self healing slowly kicked-in as I weakly lifted my body up.

Just as it was slowly approaching me, Grr ran towards it and sliced off its left hand which caused it to growl and stagger from the sudden pain.
With it's free hand, it swung at grr who jumped backwards before having to block an attack from the Chef with it's butcher knife. At the time, the Chef pulled back and kicked Grr towards me which caused her to tumble at my feet.

She pulled her self up slowly before turning to look at the chef as it growled loudly.

"This...is rather tough..." Grr said as she held her left arm while I pulled myself up. The injury I got from the chef was almost fully healed as I growled in annoyance.

I summoned another sword I had gotten from Shariq when he was around. It was his blade. The edges were ragged and sharp while the handle was pained red. I tossed it towards grr which she caught as I went towards my blade and picked it up.

"...let's end this quickly and go home...we....have finished our business....here..." I pointed out as the core on my chest glowed gently.

I looked towards grr and noticed her flower glowing as well. We must have stolen it's ability and could use it. It was probably the same dash skill it used on me earlier.

"Follow my lead." I said as Grr nodded before we charged right at it.

Our blades collided and series of slashing and blocking began it's dance.
For a mutant with only one arm, it was really fast and was keeping up with us pretty quickly. But we held ourselves and kept pushing; our attacks in sync with each other as we matched up to the mutant chefs volley of slashes.
Eventually, it slashed downward at Grr which she used her blade to block. Next, I moved towards the side and swiftly sliced of it's arm which caused it to stagger back and growl in pain.

Grr used that opportunity to use my body as a stepping stone and lunched into the air before landing a kick on it's face and send it tumbling back.

Once it got up, both our eyes glowed blue and we ran straight at it; activating the dash skill we borrowed from the chef and gave a clean cut to it's body.

The chef was finally dead, it's body in two on the cold snow as we collapsed on the ground. Out of breath and nearly out of energy from the flower.

Seraph and the rest of the revenants came towards us to help us up as a small smile formed on my face.

"That...was truly stressful...we nearly died." Grr said as I giggled gently before thanking all the revenants that came to help.
We lost a few of them. 4 in total but the ones that were alive were glad I was safe. They really would sacrifice their lives for me... They should really think of their safety as well...

I heaved a sigh as I walked towards the body of the chef, the slash mark it gave me gone but my dress was torn now exposing my body.
I stared down at it before my eyes glowed and my vision shifted.

I was somewhere else, somewhere warm and peaceful. The ground was shattered and buildings were all burnt down, yet this place gave me a nostalgic feeling. It too me a while to remember this was were I grew up with my dad before mother killed him.
And speaking of the devil, she sat down on the roof top if the burnt down house while a huge horde of infecteds surrounded the whole place.
Was that where she was? And how did she get this huge amount infected within the time limit of our last encounter? What on earth was she planning?

My mind soon snapped back to reality as I held my left eye; The burning sensation slowly retracting.

"My queen..." Seraph spoke as I turned to him only to be greeted with guns pointed towards Me and my Revenants.

The soldiers of scientia and members of the church all pointed their guns at us in a large arc; still keeping their distance away. I growled gently as my revenants entered a fight stance before Mrs Alice ran towards the front and held her hand up for them not to engage.

"Wait! Wait! Don't shoot!" She shouted as she ran to the front.

I slowly loosened up and dropped my guard as she ordered all of them to lower their weapon.

"Doc, are you out of your mind? That is a damn infected. Specifically infected 001; The Revent Queen. Why are we lowering our weapons instead of attacking." A Masculine man spoke behind her as Alice frowned and faves him.

"General Krent just listen to me and stand down. You have no idea how they truly are and just designated them as enemies." Alice spoke up as the General grunted before she turned towards us.

I slowly walked forward as they all pointed their weapon straight at me. I didn't stop walking until I was a few feet away from Alice.

"Alice...step aside." The general ordered.

"I will do no such thing." Alice spoke up as she returned her gaze to me.
She stared at me for a few minutes before smiling gently.

"Thank you...for saving us." She said gently; A bright smile on her face.

I simply looked to the general before looking back at Alice as I relaxed and smiled back. Then growled gently as I turned around and walked away towards my group.

"What the..." The general; lost for words, lowered his weapon till the Church once know Priest came and patted him on the back.

"Everyone let's return. If we tried to attack we are sure to loose. Let's not have any more memorials if the fallen than we already have." The old priestess said as I turned to face her.

She smirked before tossing something towards me which I caught. It was a paper that was folded into a small shape.
Once they all began to return, I opened up the paper to reveal a map and a marked area. Was she tell me to come find her here? At mount swamp?
Instantly, memories if the tragic accident that happened there months ago with member of bound rushed through my mind as I growled before shaking my head gently.

"Let's head home....we have much to plan now..." I said as I summoned my vines and sent us back home to the Corolla.

Now we had an idea if where mother's Territory was. And now that old hag wanted to see me?
I need to gather up more off my strengths and be ready for mother. I could feel it.
Our final battle was slowly coming up.

She will pay for everything...no more mercy for her...