Would You Be So Kind - Bekel (Fluff) - RSMP

More rats, deal with it

Word Count: 414

-

"Hey, El?"

The ginger pulled out of the drawer that she was rummaging through, and glanced at the one who had said her name.

She smiled. "What's up, Bek?"

Bek was staring at the ground in front of her, her tail flicking back and forth in anticipation (though of course El didn't notice that, oblivious as she was).

"I have a question..."

"Go ahead!" The taller rat returned to her rummaging, pulling out a few paperclips.

"Are you sure? It's kind of a... strange... question."

"I don't mind! You can ask me whatever!"

"Okay, then..." Bek took a deep breath. "How are your lungs?"

El stopped, and blinked. "I'm sorry?"

"Your lungs. How are they? Like, are they in pain?"

The ginger let out a light laugh that was full of affection. "Where did that question come from?"

"Well... mine are aching. And I think I know why."

El hummed. "That's quite unusual."

Bek twiddled with her plaits. "But I kinda like it, though. Do you- do you wanna try?"

She extended a paw hesitantly, and bit her lip as the other turned to face her with a puzzled look on her face, but was soon replaced with a smile.

"Why not?" El grinned, and took Bek's paw.

~

"Y'know, I actually had another question..." Bek found the words as she walked behind El.

"What was that, then?"

The words came out as a whisper, whether they had intended to or not. "Would you be so kind as to fall in love with me?"

"Hm?"

"Oh, er- There was a paintbrush in the drawer. Did you pick it up? I know you like paintbrushes.'

"Aw, man, no, I didn't! I didn't see it!"

"Oh, that's a shame."

Bek wasn't sure if there actually was a paintbrush in the drawer.

You see, she was trying, she really was.

She was sure that El knew that Bek liked her. After all, everyone else did.

But that just wasn't enough.

So if El could just fall in love with her...

Surely it was only fair that there had to be some butterflies somewhere?

"You alright, Bek? You've gone awfully quiet."

Bek snapped back to reality, and her cheeks began to burn bright red upon realising how close El's face was to hers.

"I'm fine!" She managed to squeak.

Yeah, Bek was head over heels. But it just wasn't enough.

So, if you will please fall in love with me.

"I think you're awesome, Bek, you know that, right?"

-

It doesn't really make sense, does it?

Mmkay, here's my excuse for every time I write a songfic that doesn't make sense: I thought up a storyboard for an animatic in my brain, but since I don't have the equipment to animate, I decided to turn it into words to satisfy myself.

Understand?

No?

Me neither.

-Lavendar <3