3.11 ・゜゜・.

"Don't tell me I walked all the way down here in the freezing cold for nothing!"

Harry didn't have a very clear idea of how he had managed to get back into the Honeydukes cellar, through the tunnel and into the castle once more. All he knew was that the return trip seemed to take no time at all, and that he hardly noticed what he was doing, because his head was still pounding with the conversation he had just heard.

On her walk back to the castle, Y/n kept quiet. She was just too agitated and upset to talk. Why didn't anyone think to tell her?

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

It was Y/n's birthday, and she still hadn't been able to sleep properly even though she had heard the conversation over three days ago now. Harry had the same problem; he also had trouble sleeping.

"Y/n, happy birthday!" From the bed next to her, Hermione called.

"Thanks, Mione!" Y/n spoke, attempting to improve her mood from the previous few days.

Hermione presented her with a gift that was carefully wrapped and decorated with a ribbon.

Y/n tore the wrapping paper off while sitting up in her bed.

"It's a collection of Muggle books! I used magic to transform some of my favourites into one huge book," Hermione said.

"Thank you, Hermione, I love it." Y/n smiled, hugging her best friend.

Y/n carried the book as they descended the stairs and entered the common area; she was eager to read some of it.

"Morning! Happy birthday, Y/n!" Ron called.

"Thanks, Ron!" Y/n said, already feeling better.

Ron handed her a present wrapped no where near as neatly as Hermione's.

Y/n, once again, opened the present and inside was a collection of all kinds of sweets, all neatly organised. She could tell Hermione had helped.

Y/n hugged Ron.

"Thanks!" Y/n said to Ron, unwrapping some of the sweets and eating them.

"Y/n, you haven't even had breakfast!" Hermione said.

"But it's my birthday, Hermione!" Y/n grinned.

Harry left his dorm carrying a gift and descended the stairs. He made the decision to give her the cat afterwards.

"Harry! You look awful!" said Hermione.

Y/n laughed.

"Thanks, Hermione" Harry said, grinning slightly, "Happy Birthday, Y/n!"

"Thanks, Harold!"

Harry presented her with a gift that was unexpectedly well-wrapped.

When she opened it, a cardigan was inside. It had a patchwork pattern with the colours of deep maroon, brown, a sandy yellow, a dark reddish brown and a greyish green.

"I tried to make something for you myself -"

"I love it, Harry! Thank you." Y/n said, kissing his cheek.

She instantly put the cardigan on.

"I, um, I actually have something else for you."

Harry quickly approached his dorm and took the cat in his arms.

He quickly descended the stairs once more and entered the Common Room.

He grinned and gave the cat to Y/n.