2: Kyun?

"Ye hamari Sagai ki angooti hai," Khushi whispers, broken was her heart and so were her words.

(This is my engagement ring,)

Arnav looks at her in shock, his lips a little open as he heard her, and just as he widened his eyes discreetly; his orbs screams disbelief all over her face and down, and just a second later, realization dawned upon his head as he gulps down his pain quite visibly, dropping the ring.
"Kya kar rahi ho tum?"

(What are you doing?)

"Humne kya kiya?" Khushi acted innocent.

(What did I do?)

"Tumhari Sagai hogayi?" He is damn furious as he grits his teeth.

(You're engaged?)

He fumbles dazed, "Kaise? Tumne mujhe batana zaroori nahi samjha?" he was impatient, hurt, angry, and confused altogether, anger overpowering all of them.

(How? Didn't you find it important to tell me?)

"Why.." he couldn't continue, yet asks not letting his fumbling words affect him, "Kisiko pata kyu nahi hai ki tumhari sagai hogayi.." he was cut off by Khushi who wasn't different from him, anger on the top of her nose.

(Why no one knows about your engagement?)

"Aapko isse kya farak padta hai?"

(Why does it matter to you?)

It was enough to anger him more as he grabs her shoulders in his possessive grip, "Mujhe kya farak padta hai?" He shouts at her in his oh-so-husky-damn voice.

(Why does it matter to me?)

"Mujhe farak padta hai dammit kyunki..." he was intended to tell her the reason for kyu, but couldn't.

(It matters to me, dammit, because..)

"Kyu? Farak kyu padta hai?" Khushi couldn't stop herself from asking this again. She's desperate for the answer, either it could break her more or give her her heart. Nonetheless, she wanted the reason for his kyun.

(Why? Why does it matter?)

Arnav takes a few seconds to gather his thoughts. Sagai hogayi hai? Somebody else has his right on her now? Somebody else had right on her precious smile? A random man unknown to him had the right to touch her, kiss her? He couldn't go on with his thoughts as they were too painful.

Now or never, so he's ready with the kyun, "Kyunki baat tumhari hai.. Faraka padta hai. Kisi aur ki hoti toh nahi padta!" He didn't leave his grip on her, instead grabs her close to him as he utters the words. It was no more anger. It was pain overpowering all of the other damn feelings!

(Because it's you..it does matter. If it'd have been anyone else, it wouldn't matter to me!)

*The End*

I know Arnav couldn't say that yet but let's consider a parallel world where he could justify his pain, jealousy, and anger.