"What is this about son?" He sounded guarded, as if he was hiding something from me.

"I think I have found her father! I walked out of the dungeon to be hit with this aroma that almost sent me to my knees!" I couldn't help, but to yell at him. My body felt unsteady and all I wanted to do was let my wolf take over and find our mate.

"Whatever you do son, do not and I repeat that, do not let your wolf take over. If you let him out this instant he will chase after her scent and take her down. If she is in human form...well it won't end well for either of you." His tone told me he was telling the truth.

So for once in my life, I listened to what my father said and pushed my wolf away. I was going to let him out, but now that I know I could be endangering myself I have to think of another way to get to her.

"I will try father, but he is rather consistent. I'm pushing him back, but he is doubling his strength somehow." Nothing I was doing was helping. My wolf was going to overpower me and I was helpless to stop him.

"He is gaining it from her, your mate's wolf. She knows you have found her scent and is trying to help him find her now."

"I don't want her help. I am the alpha male here!"

"Son, you have no idea what having a mate means. You think that once you have mated and marked her, you can walk away and bed another woman? Is that what you think? That you can make your soul-mate be your slave?" His barked out at me with accusation.

"Yes, dammit! I will not bend to a woman. She has been playing her little games long enough. We were supposed to find each other almost twenty years ago, father. I know she has had something to do with that. It's the only reason I can come up with for not finding her."

"You are delusional if you think she knew who you were all those years ago. No one knows who their mate will be until they smell that intoxicating aroma," he replied to me with a snarl.

"Don't you dare snarl at me father! I am not the one who has clearly messed up here. Don't you see what she is already doing to me?" I didn't want this to happen this way.

"Oh, I see everything clearly. You have hardened your heart to love. You are adamant that once you have completed the mating bond that she will be your slave. You want her to bend to your every wish and demand. How wrong you are, son. She won't let you make her into a servant. She will push you just as hard, if not more. What do you think she will do once she finds out you slept with another female after mating with her?"

"She will stay in her room until I need her, that's what she will do." This old man was infuriating. No woman should have power of her mate.

Pacing the floor, I send a frustrated look towards the guard that stands by the dungeon door. He didn't once look my way, but smartly kept his gaze plastered to the wall across from him.

"You're not the son I thought I had raised." He sighed as if he failed me.

He was right. If he had been the father, he should have been I would have had my mate in my arms twenty years ago.

"I know your train of thought son. It wasn't my fault you weren't given your mate at the age of five. If I hadn't found your mother, I would have searched for her and not once touched another woman. Instead you have destroyed your life, made a horrible name for yourself and this kingdom."

"I have become the monster I am because of the fates!"

"You are arguing with me instead of finding your mate! You know she is here, but all you can do is tell me how its everyone else's fault you couldn't find her! All I see is your failure as a Prince and a mate."