epilogue

The door to Moon's chimes, and I look up to see Mark walk in with a small smile on his face.

"Hi, baby."

I grin, leaning over the counter to give him a short peck on the cheek.

"Ready to go?"

I nod. "Let me just get my stuff."

"You guys are so cringey," Jungwoo groans, throwing his dish towel on the table he was just wiping.

"You're just jealous you don't have a girl," Mark says with a straight face as I emerge from the back room, slinging an arm around my shoulders when I reach him.

Jungwoo scoffs. "Right. Because if there's anyone I'm jealous of, it's you, Lee Mark, the boy who could barely look a girl in the eye— let alone talk to them— until Yena came by, that is. Huh, I guess your girl is just really into loser nerds."

"Hey!" I exclaim. "Don't talk about my boyfriend like that."

Jungwoo scrunches his nose as though to say whatever before bidding us goodbye, and Mark and I step out onto the sidewalk, letting the warm sun greet us.

"You excited?" Mark gives me a side glance as he takes my hand, giving me a small smile.

"I've been looking forward to this all week!" I cling on to his arm excitedly. "Though, I think I'm more excited to see if Haechan and Chaerin would finally break this time. What do you think?"

Mark snorts as he shakes his head.

To put it simply, our friends are dating.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but it seems as though the two have been trying to keep their relationship a secret seeing as neither of them have bothered to come forward about it. They probably believe that they have people fooled, but honestly, I don't think they're that good at hiding it.

Even the greatest disbeliever of love which is Ko Chaerin would fail in convincing people otherwise if she's already been struck by Cupid himself.

Haechan, on the other hand, doesn't even look like he's trying to hide it. It's hard to miss the loving looks he would shoot my roommate whenever he thinks we aren't looking (not like he doesn't already do that) and the subtle touches and hand-holding that is so easily given away by Chaerin's beet-root face.

"I bet Haechan will slip up before the day even ends," Mark says, his answer unchanging ever since we started this little game between us.

"Please." I roll my eyes. "He's been slipping up, he just doesn't realise that we're on to him. Chaerin, though— she's gonna get tired of sneaking around and be the first to break. I know it."

"Oh, dude, you're on." Mark raises his brow as he glances down at me. "What is it this time?"

"Hm," I ponder as I let him navigate us through the sidewalk. "Five bucks, and you let me dye your hair when you lose."

Mark chuckles, probably already used to my constant attempts in getting him to change his hairdo. Don't get me wrong— he already looks stupidly handsome with his black hair, but the growing length calls for a more exciting colour— I'm thinking blue.

"Make that five kisses, and you have yourself a deal."

I scrunch my nose, Mark giving me a cheeky grin as we finally reach the subway station. We're visiting the theme park today, the four of us together with Sera and Jaemin, deciding that we deserve some time off after the hectic few months we had just had.

Things have gone back to normal for the most part, with me only getting the occasional visit by an injured Mark at my windowsill every now and then, but at least it's no Neo Seoul. Danger follows Mark everywhere he goes, and it's just something the both of us have to live with.