08 | hold tight!

"Yena?"

I hear my door creak open, and in pops Sera's head through the gap.

She gasps at my current state. "Why aren't you ready?!"

I groan, bringing my comforter over my head. I was hoping she had forgotten.

"How could I? We made a deal!" Sera exclaims, and it is only then do I realise that I had accidentally spoken out loud.

"You know, I don't even hate doing laundry. It wouldn't have made a difference anyway," I mumble, fully aware that my voice is muffled due to me being under the sheets.

"That's not the point!" She complains, and I feel a dip on my bed as she settles next to me. "Chaerin is full-on freaking out right now. You need to get ready if you don't wanna face her wrath."

I groan again, pushing the comforter off my face as I stare at my roommate. Sera is already ready, dressed in a tight spaghetti-strap dress that reaches up to her knees paired with a turtleneck on the inside.

"Wow. You look nice."

Sera breaks out into a grin. "I know, right? I thrifted this dress the other day! I only got it at- wait, you're changing the topic, aren't you? Yena!"

I cackle as I sit up, stretching slightly to loosen up my limbs. "Fine, I'll get ready. Get out of my room."

"Dress nice! You know you don't have to look like a homeless person all the time, right?"

I tsk as I push her out of the room, and I hear Chaerin yelling at Jaemin in the distance. Sera's right— I do not want to face Ko Chaerin's wrath.

I stand before my wardrobe, deciding on what to wear. If it isn't already clear enough, I'm not a party person, which is why my mind is at a blank right now as I rummage through my hangers to find something decent to put on.

I chance upon an old cropped argyle button-down, deciding it will have to do, pairing it with a random khaki skirt I found lying on top of my pile of clothes.

"Hwang Yena! Hurry up!" I hear Chaerin call for me from her room just as I am putting on my last bit of mascara.

I run a hand through my hair, not bothering to brush it before grabbing my phone and exiting my room to go to Chaerin's.

I enter to see her sitting before her vanity, Sera right behind her with a curling wand in her hand.

"Stop moving, Chae!"

"I'm nervous!" The older glares at Sera through the mirror.

I take in her outfit— she's wearing an oversized faux leather jacket with a halter top inside, paired with matching black flare pants.

"Damn, I feel so underdressed," I comment as I sit on Chaerin's bed right next to her dressing table. "Should I go change?"

"Stupid, you look gorge!" Chaerin turns to look at me before looking back at her reflection. "Do you think I'm doing too much?"

"No! You need to look smoking hot for Lee Jeno to notice you tonight!" Sera exclaims as she curls the last bit of Chaerin's hair, seemingly having succeeded in making her sit still.

I nod in agreement. "Tonight's the night. The world is your oyster, Chae."

Chaerin rolls her eyes, but her lips curve up into a smile at my words. "The world is my oyster." She nods at herself through the mirror.

🕸️