Chapter 2: Convincing

Gregory's POV:

I need to take my pills for my depression. Dad gave some to me, and I took them from his hand. I went to my room, and I put the pills in my mouth, then drink some water. I swallowed the pills, and I went downstairs. " Greg, you know I can tell you somethings about Evan, " said dad, and I was actually curious about Evan, really. " Who was Evan? " I asked to him, as I sat down on the chair. 

" Evan used to be kind and loving before when you met him. Which was today, Evan was caring person, he was me and your uncle Terrance's little half-brother. Before Evan or Elizabeth was born, we had another mother, before my dad married Primrose, your grandmother. But that woman, our first mother was abusive. My father was kind man, and he didn't know that my first mother was abusive. But one night, he came home and when my real mother was abusing me and your uncle Terry. Then he killed her in front of us, we were terrified. He apologized to us for letting us see that. Then after I think, 50 years later. My father met Primrose; she treated us like her own, even after Evan and Elizabeth's birth. But the main problem was that Evan was born as bloodlust, meaning he was bloodlust. Primrose told us that she was a bloodlust herself, and Evan was still cheerful and loving. Until the bite of 83, I was the one why he lost most of his emotions. I caused the bite of 83 because my father never gave attention to me after Evan and Elizabeth's was born. He was very cold and emotionless, then when you were born, we found out you were soulmate. But Evan was dangerous, as he became different. He only shows his emotions in front of Valentina, his only friend, my father and Henry. Henry is my father's husband; Henry is my stepfather now. Back to about Evan. Evan changed, he is dangerous, but if you can be his new personal assistant. I will not let you; I am doing this to protect you. Plus, you are intersex girl, Gregory, you can pregnant, and you need to wear that binder, okay. But we have to wait for your mom and your papa come home. Then we decide, okay, " he explained to me, and I nodded.

I went to my room, and I opened my bedroom door. There was drawings and photo of my older siblings. I really miss them, they been there for me until they moved out of the house. I looked at my balcony door, and I opened it. I stepped into the balcony; I remember this balcony. I used to overlook the city from this very balcony when I was kid. I missed those days, but those days are gone.

I hated being hybrid, and I am only pure soul-vampire out there. Then I realized I still have my illusion disc on. I went back inside, and I turned off the disc. I put it off my necklace and then put it on the charger. Then I heard dad called my name " Gregory, come downstairs. " I went down the stairs and I saw all my parents were there. " Gregory, we heard that you got a job offer. But we don't know if it's safe for you. Please, do you want to do this job? " Mom asked to me with concerned tone. I was actually hesitant about this job, " Yes, I do want to do this. I want to be independent for once. I promise to be careful, " I answered to her with convincing tone.

But they didn't look convinced, " Greg, we know how much you want to be independent. But we are doing this to protect you from the vamp-lusts and vampires because they are dangerous these days. But if this what you want, I will let you, " said papa, like he was convinced. " I will as well, Gregory, you been living under our wing for a while. I think it's time for you to learn to be independent, you deserve to be independent, " said dad, with a smile.

But mom didn't look convince at all, " I am not letting you; I can't lose you, too. After your older siblings moved out, I can't lose you too, please, Georgia, " mom pleased, and she called me by my deadname. " She doesn't know, dad, papa, " I said with serious tone. " About what? " Mom asked, and both of my fathers looked at the ground. " What don't I know of? " She asked again, and I decided to tell her. " Remember that I am Ivory in my past life and reincarnate as Georgia. Well, turns out that I am immortal, mom. Nothing can kill me, so no vampires or bloodlusts can kill me, mom. Please, dad trained me to be a great fighter and mage. He also taught me how to use my powers properly, " I answered her, and she was shocked.

" You never told me about this, Mike and Noah. You have a lot of explaining to do. Plus, Georgia, you convince me enough. I guess, I will let you try to get the job, " she said, wow, mood swing! Then she turned to dad and papa, " You have five seconds to run, both of you, " mom said, with sinister tone, and they run. Leaving me alone in the room, and I went to the dining room. I saw the paper with the job offer. I picked it up, and I went to my room. I heard papa and dad being chase around the house. I have to deal with this bullshit and my mental health issues every single f*cking day. 

I locked my door, and I put my phone. Then I dial the number on the phone. I waited and waited then, someone picked up.

Henry: "Hello, who is this?"

Gregory: " Hi, my name is Gregory. Gregory Rose-Afton "

Henry: " Wait, you are an Afton!! Are you Michael's son? I thought there was Evory, Eliza, Mike, and Georgia"

Gregory: * Cringe at his deadname* " I am Georgia, I just changed my name, huh..."

Henry: " Henry Emily, that my name!"

Gregory: " Oh, you are my father's stepfather. I changed my name to Gregory, Henry."

Henry: " Oh, I didn't mean to. So, why did you call this number first of all? "

Gregory: " Well, I just wanted to learn to be independent, because my parents been overprotective of me for the last many years of my life. So, yeah, that's why I call this number."

Henry: " I am pretty shocked that, you have the courage to do this job. Many can't even do it, some quit on the very first day because Evan's coldness. You sure?"

Gregory: " Yes, I am. So, when is the interview?" 

Henry: " Can you do it in on 24 of May and at 3:40?"

Gregory: * Looks at the calendar* ' That's on the same day of my therapist I need go. But it's at 4:00. ' " I could but change the time because I have therapist appointment at 4:00 o'clock."

Henry: " Ok, maybe at 2:00 o'clock. Will that be fine? "

Gregory: " Of course, I guess I will see you on 24 of May, I guess."

Henry: " Well, bye for now."

I hung up the phone, and I went to tell my parents the news.