Chapter 10

Aria had woken up as it was late May. End of school was coming close for her, yet she didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. She was heading for her senior year of high school as she knew things would change quickly. But just as she thought the worst was over, came even worse things - junior year prom. Ella was all over with the arrangements while Aria had sat still. She had finally realized what she felt for Caleb but that didn't mean she wasn't confused. He was lately her rock that she could lean on with everything going on with her parents and although it did mean she would have to distance herself a lot from him, she didn't want to. She yearned to be close to him and to have him in her life, despite her feelings that have changed.

"Tell me again why I as a freshmen is to be associated with junior year prom?" Logan asked as he was busy getting his suit tailored.

"Don't worry. Ella is also dragging me to this whole thing," Aria said as she looked through the shop with the dresses.

"Are you asking Caleb again? You guys have gotten close the last month," Logan said as Aria exhaled.

"We have, yeah, but it also isn't as simple as that. Yes, me and Caleb are in n extremely good place in life, but it doesn't seem to be what it looks like. Logan, what if I am busy falling in love? I can't do that just now. Not yet," Aria said.

Aria has had one rule throughout her whole life in high school - boys come after high school. She didn't want to get involved with boys before she were to go to college and now she was falling in love. Aria had spotted a dress while she smiled and Logan looked at his older sister.

"Is it funny that I have a clutch that matches this dress?" Aria asked.

"Match made in heaven then. It's your size. Try it on," Logan said as Aria went into a dressing room.

Logan looked around as he gave the suit over to the sales lady and saw how Ella walked into the store. He exhaled not knowing how Aria would react when she would see the girl while his sister stepped out of the dressing room.

"Aria, that looks amazing," Logan said as Aria stepped in front of the mirror while Ella kept her distance.

"That does look pretty," Ella said as Aria turned around looking at her best friend.

"Ella," Aria said, knowing she was in trouble, as she said that she didn't want to go shopping with her.

"I thought you said..."

"Lydia said that I should take Logan to the shops. I coincidentally saw the dress," Aria said.

"Are you going with Caleb? Just answer it and get it done with," Ella said.

"Stop being a prick," Logan said.

"Calm down, Log. No. I'm to going with Caleb, as of yet. I haven't asked anyone yet. I didn't know that I would see you here," Aria said.

"I thought we were friends. You trust my brother with your issues. You come shopping with your 15-year-old brother instead of me. What are we even?" Ella asked as Aria exhaled.

"Taking a break. Because alcohol and drinking and partying have been more important to you. I don't want that, Ella. That is you. Not me," Aria said as Ella looked at her best friend, hurt and betrayal in her eyes.

"Know what then? We're done. Find yourself a new best friend because either way, whether it is you who are fired, or me who quits, we aren't friends anymore," Ella said.

"Are you drunk if you think being your friend is a job? Aria has been through so much and Caleb has been the only..."

"Logan, that's enough, okay? Let's not lose our tempers in here. I'm taking the dress. I'm changing and then we are leaving," Aria said.