(53) Wenwen's First Variety Show

Yuan Xin’s work was very efficient. It took him no time to sign the contract with the show on Wenwen’s behalf, negotiating terms to make the boy a temporary guest by exception and that he would only join the shooting for three days.

This temporary guest was to receive the same treatment as a first-line star. In order to make Wenwen’s first job go on smoothly, Yuan Xin demanded a clause in the contract stating that Wenwen must be teamed up with Si Yue. His reason was that young children would have a sense of security only when they were with familiar people, so this arrangement was necessary to ensure a smooth shooting.

The production team was literally on their wit’s end, so they quickly accepted all of Yuan Xin’s demands. No matter what, this show must go on, and Director Peng knew very well that his directing career would almost certainly die otherwise.

For this reason, right after signing the contract, the entire production team went on a full blast to produce the most dazzling script possible. Still, their new temporary guest was way too young to be demanded much, so in the end, they aimed to emphasize Wenwen’s relationship with Si Yue. As long as the two could get along in the camera as they did before, the rating surely wouldn’t do badly.

After signing the contract, the show published an official announcement on the internet, the first in a while. Of course, the narration they served to the public must be pleasant enough to not offend anyone. The general gist was that Fang Xueruo had to quit the show for a personal reason, so the production team invited another temporary guest in her stead.

The world was always more tolerant towards children, so this move could be said to be brilliant. Even if Fang Xueruo’s fans were not friendly towards the child who took their idol’s place, passersby would undoubtedly stand by the child’s side, not to mention this was such a lovable and cute little guy.

In the announcement, the show also explained the reason for inviting Wenwen to join. The star they actually planned to invite couldn’t open their schedule, and fortunately, Wenwen was already known to the public and had a group of ‘mommy and daddy’ fans of his own. In order to invite the boy to join their show, the production team persuaded Wenwen’s mother and finally got her permission.

Following this announcement, Fu Yunruo also posted a message on her social media accounts, announcing that her son was going to join a variety show and asking her fans to give the child their support.

Fu Yunruo’s fans, dubbed the Clouddust, were naturally ecstatic.

[Yunyun probably has no choice, lol.]

[I guess the production team bribed the cub with a lot of candies to tempt him over. Well done!]

[Aaaah!!! My cub is going to be on the TV!! Mommy is so proud!]

[My cub, aaaaah!!!!!]

Countless fans quickly rushed to the show’s own official announcement, simultaneously spreading the news far and wide.

Meanwhile, Wenwen was preoccupied with a new, more pressing problem. After it was confirmed that he was going to join the show, he had been busy thinking about the character he needed to set up to attract fans. It was not going to be easy, since he wanted a lot of ‘good’ popularity to let his mother shine.

What kind of children are popular nowadays? Naughty? Clever? Lovely? Silly?

Wenwen recalled the attitudes of adults towards different children and found that most adults generally like sensible and smart children, not unlike the one parents used to compare their children with. Thus, Wenwen clenched his small fists and made a big declaration — he was going to be a very sensible and very smart child!