"Actually, I was the one who wants to see you. I had to ask help from Haneul since I would be embarrassed if I'll ask you by myself"

"Okay? Why would you be embarrassed Lele? It's just me"

"That's the thing Renjun ge. I'm embarrassed because it's you"

"Wait what?"

"I'm here to tell you something that I have been keeping for awhile now and I can't hide it anymore. It's always bugging me and I hate it. I like you ge, It's alright if you can't return your feelings, but I hope our friendship will stay the same" He lowered his head after saying those words.

"Sorry Lele, but we can't keep our friendship.." Renjun trailed off and Chenle's heart broke for a second

"Because I would like to turn it into a relationship" Chenle's eyes went wide as he heard what Renjun said

"What?"

"I like you too Chenle. I rejected Haneul because I know that she's not the one for me. And I also just found out months ago that I'm into boys as well. So.. should we give it a try?" He asked and Chenle happily nodded and hugged his boyfriend tightly

"This is the best birthday gift that I had ever received!"He shouted and Renjun chuckled at his cuteness. Renjun leaned forward and kissed Chenle's cheeks.

"I love you my baby dolphin"

"I love you too my fox"

🕯️

[The next day (yeah time skip since there's no interesting things that happened after that hshshs)]

"Dr. Lee! Dr. Park! To the emergency room now, Mr. Moon's heartbeat is very fast, he won't wake up nor respond anymore. I think we should do the operation this instant" Bang Chan called them through their telephones and the two immediately dashed to the ER.

"Did Mr. Moon take his pills this morning Mina?" Haneul asked and Mina nodded

"He did Dr. Lee but after a few minutes, he closed his eyes and the monitor was beating rapidly, I tried to reach your telephones but the emergency telephone in his room wasn't working"

"Where do you think you're going newbie?" Hansung blocked her way that made her even more irritated

"Can you just go away Hansung? I have an emergency and I would appreciate it if you move" She tried to walk pass through him but he still blocked her way

"FOR MY GRANDPA'S SAKE MOVE AWAY HANSUNG!" she shouted but Hansung didn't budge

"Let me do the operation"

"Then why the fuck are you still standing there! Move! Grandpa needs help and you're blocking the way?"

"Haneul calm down and let's go you both can continue your argument later, we got a patient to save" Jisung interfered and dragged Haneul with him inside the ER.

Haneul checked his pulse and it was still beating. She checked his breath but it was slower than the normal breathing.

"Jinae prepare all of the stuff-"

"I said I'm gonna do the operation, step aside and let me do the work" Hansung once interfered and Haneul swore that she was about to burst

"You know what, fine. Do the work, don't ask for our help at all Hansung, if you can't save grandpa, I'm gonna rip you to death" She sat on the chair at the side leaving Hansung and the other nurse do the operation.

~

Haneul looked at Hansung who was sweating alot. She could tell that he was really having a hard time. Haneul looked at the clock and it was already 5pm that means Hansung was doing it for 3 hours already.

Haneul didn't bother to help at all since that's what Hansung wants

"It's still not done yet Hansung?" Bang Chan entered the room

"Mm, I'm having a hard time removing the liver. I don't want to damage any other parts"

"We should let Haneul do the job, maybe she can do it" Jisung suggested and Bang Chan looked at Haneul who was quiet the whole time.

"Come on Haneul let's hurry up, we don't have enough time left" Bang Chan said and dragged Hansung who was exclaiming a lot away from the ER.

Haneul and Jisung continued the operation.

~

"Okay lastly, stitch..it..up." As Haneul finished stitching, the monitor finally went back to normal and all of them were really happy. Haneul was very proud of herself for saving her patient for the first time with the help of the nurses and Jisung.

"Operation success" She turned to Jisung who was smiling at her

"Congratulations Dr. Lee, I'm very proud of you" He smiled and threw his hand on the air for a high five. Haneul smiled and joined his hand with hers.

All of them went out and the nurses placed Hyung Seo back to his room. Haneul and Jisung threw their gloves, masks and hair nets. Haneul stretched her arms and sighed in relief.

"I bet you're sleepy" Jisung said and Haneul nodded slowly. Jisung chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"Don't worry, after we report we can finally rest. Let's go?" The two went to Bang Chan's office to report their work today.

Bang Chan was happy to hear that but Hansung didn't like it a single bit. He just left the room and the two were dismissed by Bang Chan.

"Good night Han. See you tomorrow, rest well alright" he said before parting his way to his office. Haneul walked to her office and took off her coat.

She sat on her chair and sighed in relief. She took her phone and dialed Taeyong's number

~ring
~ring
~ring

"Hello? Haneul! Why'd you call? Did something happen?" Haneul could sense that Taeyong had woken up because of his raspy voice

"Sorry for waking you up oppa"

"No no no, it's alright Hannie. Anyways what's up?"

"Just needed to talk to someone. I just did a successful operation awhile ago. I hope you're proud" she smiled when she heard Taeyong scream in happiness

"MARK! HAECHAN! OUR BABY SISTER DID A SUCCESSFUL OPERATION!" Taeyong shouted from the other line and she heard her other brothers scream too.

"HANEUL IS IT TRUE?"

"YES!"

"OKEY DOKEY YO~!" They all sang together and laughed, even though Haneul was tired, she was glad that her brothers were there for her at all times.

"Should we celebrate tomorrow? I don't have any schedules?"

"Yeah we should! I'll tell nanny to cook all of your favorites-"

"What's going on here? I heard all of you were shouting" Haneul guessed that it was their grandma

"Oh, granny. Haneul just did a successful operation today. We're gonna celebrate it tomorrow, she'll finally come home!" Taeyong cheered and Haneul chuckled

"Granny, are you proud of your favorite granddaughter?"

"Of course my dear, me, your brothers and your grandpa are really proud of you, I'm gonna say it on his behalf since he's already asleep" her grandma said and they laughed

"Thank you so much guys, even just through a call, all of you really made my day. I love you all!"

"We love you too Haneul, you should rest now. I bet you had a long day. Come home tomorrow alright?"

"Mm, I will. Good night guys!"

"Good night!" She ended the call and sighed for the nth time

"I'm really lucky to have them".

— tbc.

Aww, such a supportive fam✨

word count: 1786 words
date published: 11/18/22

_NCTEAXT_