이십일

— Chapter 21 —

Haneul is currently laying on her bed while scrolling through her phone. She was irritated with the posts of her followers.

There were photos of them hugging with their partners, some are kissing and having a date somewhere.

Haneul's heart got heavy seeing those, knowing she couldn't do it with Jisung right now.

She craved for his hugs and kisses. Call her weird but she's been sleeping with his clothes beside her, and she would sometimes wear it.

It hasn't been washed so Jisung's scent was still there.

Haneul turned her phone off and stared at the ceiling for good minutes.

Then an idea came into her mind. She jolted up and searched through the trash bin.

It was empty.

'Haechan might've told nanny to throw it' Haneul thought and ran downstairs.

Haechan was still on the couch, watching movie while eating popcorn.

"Chan, did you tell nanny to throw my trash?"

"Uh yeah I did, nanny just threw it an hour ago"

"Shit" Haneul ran outside and went to the gate where the trashes were placed.

She searched through the bags of trash and she finally found the empty used candle.

She turned it around and looked at the ingredients that were used to make the candles.

"Found it!" She ran back inside the house and Haechan looked at her with shocked face

"W-What's going on?"

"Haechan, I need you to get your keys right now. Let's go to the mall immediately, I need to buy something" Haechan didn't say another word and turned the TV off and took the keys.

They went outside and hopped on Haechan's car. He started it and drove to the mall.

~

As they arrived, Haneul dashed out of the car. The guard saw her and opened the door immediately.

She looked at the container and read out the ingredients

"Purple wax, Lavender scent, wick (you know, the one you light up), silver dusts, and..." She trailed off

"Yeah whatever, I'mma find these shits as fast as I could" She looked through the shelves and luckily she got everything, well except one thing.

"Bruh, where am I gonna find a human tear?"

"Yours Han. You literally cry every night" Haechan suddenly said while taking a bite of his chocolate bar

"Yeah sure, that was helpful Chan" She said sarcastically and paid for all of the things.

Then after that, the two went back home.

🕯️

"Alright Lee Haneul, let's get started and bring Jisung back!" She said to encourage herself and started making the candle.

Hours and hours passed but she was still not done with making the candle. She already melted the wax, placed it in the container, placed the wick in, sprinkled the silver dusts in, and waited for it to harden.

She had tried again and again for 4 times already yet she wasn't successful.

"Ugh come on! Why the fuck won't this work?!" She frustratedly scratched her hair and sighed.