Chapter 9

I changed the results of the race for the sake of the story

september 31st

I was thinking about joining the Ferrari garage today but it didn't feel right. So here I am in Lando's garage. My work had asked for me to come back but I don't even know how to work my new camera, or any camera really. Lando walks in with his race suit tied around his waist and a huge smile on his face. ''Little brother'' I say as I pull him in a hug. ''Are you ready for qualy?' he chuckles, ''I feel like it's going to be my weekend.'' I roll my eyes and shake my head ''all I know is that you're very late'' He looked up at the clock and his smile quickly disappeared. He quickly put on the rest of his race suit and made his way towards Willam. I chuckle as I find my spot in the back of the garage, not wanting to be in the way for the last 10 minutes before they start. I feel Lando's arms wrap around me for a second ''it is good having you here in the Mclaren garage again.'' he sprints off and puts on his helmet before he jumps in the car. It feels good to see him in his element. The timer starts for Q1 and Lando leaves the garage first. The time flies by and both Williams, Daniel, Botas and Esteban have been kicked out. I walk over to the other side of the garage and pull Daniel in a hug ''I'm sorry.'' I tell him, not sure what else to say. ''It's fine, thanks Sophie. He looks broken when he pulls away. ''I have to go through the data, we'll talk later.'' He gives me a smile and walkes off. When I sit down in my corner we're already halfway through qualifying. George spins out, hitting the wall, making the qualifying end early. This time Lando does get out of the car as the FIA gave a warning the start for Q3 will be a little later. He looks at the data but I get a quick glance and a smile. I give him a small wave in return before he goes to put on his helmet and gets back in the car. I put on my headphones ''Lando we expect rain in a few moments.'' Will's voice sounds over the radio ''Copy.'' is all we hear back just before Lando begins his quick lap just behind Carlos. Carlos goes purple in sector 1 but quickly Lando takes the purple. Carlos takes purple in sector 2 and sector 3 and Lando follows suit. They jump to the top of the leaderboard, Carlos only 0,02 seconds quicker then Lando. All the cars come in and Carlos and Lando currently lock out the front row for tomorrow. As everyone starts to go out again, 3 minutes before the end of Q3. Just enough time to put in another push lap. I see Max and Lewis going out first and feel my anxiety pick up. As they start their push lap Lewis is ahead of Max but as the Red Bull is quite a lot quicker they meet in the first corner. They connect in the corner sending them both flying. The Mercedes ends up on the track and Max shoots into the wall. The session immediately gets red flagged which means Carlos and Lando on the front row tomorrow.

''Carlos and Lando take the last corner together but Carlos is clearly ahead. Lando is once again so close to his first win but Carlos takes it. Carlos wins his second grand prix here in Singapore.'' I run with the rest of the crew to wrap Lando in a hug, congratulate him. I am the last of the group, I see the team happily run towards parc ferme. I feel a smile on my face. I slow my pace down as I feel a sharp pain in my head. I grab my head with my right hand and I close my eyes ''fuck'' I whisper as I feel my legs giving up and I slowly drop to my knees. ''Sophie, I got you. What's wrong?'' I feel his arm around me ''it hurts Alex.'' I whisper. ''Okay, hold on.'' he tells me and I feel myself being lifted. ''Just stay awake okay?'' I hear loud noises and yelling ''SOPHIE, SOPHIE'' is the last thing I hear before I lose consciousness.

As Lando makes his way towards the cooldown room he sees Alex running past with Sophie in his arms. ''SOPHIE, SOPHIE.'' I yell but she doesn't respond Alex looks up at me ''I got her, don't worry.'' he tells me when he's close but then continues towards the medical center. I look over to Carlos who has already started making his way towards the medical center. I follow him quickly and behind me I hear Max.