Chapter 1

13 juli

As I slowly wake up I can't seem to open my eyes. I can feel a shot of pain going through my body. What is happening? I try to steady my breath, the panic slowly leaving my body. I try to think about what I do know. I can feel a hand in my hand. I slowly start to hear voices and I'm trying to listen in ''If she doesn't wake up in the next 24 hours the likeness of her waking up at all is very small.'' I feel the hand in mine squeezing mine. Am I in a hospital? For how long have I been like this? I'm trying to remember the last thing I did but I can't. I put all my energy into squeezing the hand in mine ''o my god, Lando, I felt her squeeze my hand.'' Lando is here? My little brother? ''You're imagining things, it can't be.'' he mumbles. I hear him on the other side of the bed. I just don't recognize the voice on my left, who is this guy holding my hand? I slowly move my right hand, trying to lift my arm towards Lando, letting him know I'm awake, that this guy didn't imagine it. My muscles are definitely not cooperating so my arm falls down besides the bed but he definitely notices as I quickly feel my hand in his. ''Carlos push the button, we probably need a doctor to get here, she seems to wake up.'' Okay Carlos, Carlos, who is Carlos and why is he holding my hand? ''Lando'' I softly whisper, my voice sounds harsh. ''Sophie, I'm here, I got you okay'' he whispers. I squeeze my eyes once more and slowly open them. The bright light makes me close my eyes right away again. I blink a couple times and turn my head towards Lando, tears filling my eyes. He looks at me and leans in to hug me. ''Don't cry please, look Carlos is also here, he hasn't left your side.'' I look over towards Carlos and I try to place who he is ''oh you drive in formula 1 right?'' I ask. The hurt look in his face tells me I'm missing something but I wouldn't know what. I look over at Lando who is shocked. ''You don't remember Carlos?'' he asks carefully and as I sit up just a bit I shake my head. Suddenly a nurse walks in and looks shocked at us. I look over at Carlos again and I see tears rolling down his face. Soon the room fills with another 3 nurses and a doctor. ''How are you feeling today Miss Norris?'' ''I think I feel good, my chest hurts a bit. I don't know what happened. I don't remember anything about why I would be in the hospital.'' The doctor nods and scribbles something down on paper ''what is the last thing you do remember Miss?'' I try to think, ''I think it's your debut in formula 2.'' I say as I look at Lando who's mouth drops open. ''Of Course you don't remember Carlos then. That was like 4 years ago.'' Lando rambles. It's been 4 years? He shoots a quick look at Carlos who looks completely lost at this point. He has let go of my hand and for some reason I wish he would grab it again. His head has dropped and his hands go through his gorgeous longer hair. He definitely is good looking. He looks up at me and our eyes lock. I feel this magnetic pull towards him. I can feel my heartbeat speeding up and I hear the beeping on the machine go quicker ''...Miss Norris?'' My head shoots up towards the doctor. ''Yes sorry, could you repeat that?'' The doctor gives me a small smile and repeats ''we're going to keep you a couple weeks for observation reasons. If everything goes well we'll make sure you can go home in a week. I trust the fine gentleman here will take care of telling you what happened.''

I turn my head towards lando ''how long have I been out?'' Carlos moves around the bed so he can sit next to Lando, they both look like they haven't slept in ages ''I think it's been 10 days? We were at Silverstone and you were working as one of the photographers taking pictures of the race start. One of the drivers, Zhou, had a crash and you got hit by a part of the car.'' I try to calmly take it ''I'm a photographer?'' Carlos nods. ''Yeah yeah, you decided to take a photography course because you didn't like the office job you had and you quickly got signed by the Mclaren social media team. You took a risk in Silverstone, no one would have guessed this would happen, I'm just so glad you weren't in the place where the car landed.'' He moves to put his hand on my knee but then stops, pulling his hand back again. ''Sorry, force of habit.'' I give him a small smile as I try to remember this gorgeous man in front of me. ''I'm so sorry I don't remember.'' I tell him as I move to put my hand on his cheek. I see him melting into my touch, closing his eyes for a second.