Chapter 7

august 25

"O my god, remember the time she walked into the wrong dressing room at Ferrari." Charles yells across the table making everyone laugh. "I did what?" I question everyone. "It was in the time you hadn't told anyone you two were dating yet so you tried sneaking around."

I lock my eyes with Carlos and he just mouths sorry. I give him a small smile letting him know it's fine. ''You walked into my driver room and I was shirtless, you were wearing Carlos' shirt. I realized immediately when I saw you.'' Charles continues.

"Remember when Lando found out?" Mick chimes in. Everyone starts laughing again and I just feel a little left out. All these stories are about me but I don't remember a thing. "Let me explain" Lando starts making a few chuckle again.

"You had been seeing Carlos, my best friend, for months. You'd gone on multiple dates, shared hotel rooms and I knew nothing." I smile, definitely sounds like something I would do. Carlos continues "So one morning, I had slept over in your hotel room, we were in minimum clothing and Lando walked in, you forgot you gave him your roomkey and there we were."

I hide my face, knowing I would go bright red. Not only the thought of my baby brother seeing me naked but also the thought of doing that with Carlos has me completely flustered. ''You tried telling me it wasn't what it looked like but you were both naked.''

"O my god, she is blushing" Daniel screams. Of course he sees it. I roll my eyes at him and he just smirks at me "is the little princess falling for the Spaniard again?" He teases and I just stick out my tongue.

As I sit back I look at the company I have here this evening. Carlos, Lando, Mick, Charles, Daniel, Max and Alex. I get why I'm friends with these guys. I did pretty great. I take a small sip from my drink and just enjoy the moment. I hear the song playing in the background and I start to softly sing along, capturing the attention of everyone around the table without me even knowing

"There'll be happiness after you

But there was happiness because of you

Both of these things can be true

There is happiness.

Past the blood and bruise

Past the curses and cries

Beyond the terror in the nightfall

Haunted by the look in my eyes

That would've loved you for a lifetime

Leave it all behind

And there is happiness"

Carlos almost chokes on the food he was chewing and his coughing catches my attention making me stop singing right away.

"Sophie" Lando starts but doesn't know how to finish it.

"Did you listen to that song the past few weeks?" Alex questions.

I slowly shake my head "no it's been stuck in my mind for quite a while, you guys know I know every Taylor swift song by heart." It goes quiet again "what?" I start to get annoyed at the strange behavior. "It's just, that song came out 2 years ago Soph." Daniel says. I try to run back in my mind where I first heard this song.

"O my god, I was with you when I first heard that song." I almost yell across the table towards Max. He grins at me and everyone goes quiet. "It was the last race weekend of the season, I came over to your garage after fp1 and you listened to the album with me even though you had to go through the data. Alex came to pick you up for fp2 half way through. Wait Alex drove for red bull? What happened?" I rambled off. I see the hopeful looks of everyone around the table and it feels so good to have one single memory back, it gives me hope. I look at Carlos and I can feel the butterflies emerge. This has just been an amazing day.