Chapter 2

27 juli

"So we live together?" I question the attractive Spaniard. He had picked me up from the hospital after staying for another 2 weeks. "Technically we don't, you have a place here in London, I live in Monaco but you haven't been back to your place in months. I've been staying at your place since..." he stops mid sentence. I look at the defeated man next to me after he opened my car door. He seems to be struggling just as much, if not more, then me. I sit down in the car. The doctors have given me the clear to go home and also the clear to travel but I have to report back to them next week. They advised me to go to familiar places to see if that jogs my memory. There is a song on the radio playing that I've never heard before, must've come out in the time I can't remember. I look at the streets of London, at least something I remember. Carlos told me a bit about how we met, what we were like, the stories sound beautiful. I just hope one day I will remember everything again.

Lando told me about pretty much everything else that happened in my life, my move from Bristol to London, how I moved in with him but he now moved to Monaco like every other driver. I still technically rent the apartment together with one of Lando's friends Max who must also be my friend. Carlos turns the car into an expensive looking car park. He scans a little card and drives on.

"Well here we are, I don't think Max is around, we agreed we'd let you get used to the apartment first." Carlos says as he opens the door. We immediately walk into the living room with an open kitchen, the room is light and spacious and almost everything is white. I walk towards the fireplace where someone has hung up some pictures. It's me, Lando and someone who I assume is Max. I see one of Carlos and I kissing, I see one of lando and a group of other people. I feel the tears prickling in my eyes, why don't I remember? Why did I have to be so stupid? I grab one of the frames and throw it through the room, I can see it hitting one of the kitchen cabinets.

Carlos moves over to me and pulls me in a hug but I push him away "sorry I can't do this right now" I mumble and sit down on the couch. I put my hands in my hair and let the tears roll down my cheeks. "I know I said I was fine but I think I need Lando right now." Lando is the only person I remember right now, he is the only one who feels safe. The tears seem to keep coming and all I can do is hide my face from the strange man standing in my house, the house I don't remember. "Yeah yeah I'll call him now" Carlos mumbles after the initial shock.