Chapter 4

august 10

"Lando where are we going?" I Question him but he just smiles at me. " I remember when I had to drive you around, remember how stupid that was? You were driving a f3 car but I still had to bring you anywhere really." Lando laughs "yeah I totally forgot, I used to love that, I missed that after I got a license, the car always was so quiet when I had to drive my own." I join in now laughing too "o my god we're going to Bristol?" I yell as I see the signs. "We're going to see mom and dad." Lando states. I roll my eyes, o God, I never got on really well with mom and dad, Lando was the golden boy but I don't know how everything is after all these years. "Did I get on well with mom?" I ask, preparing for what is to come. Lando shoots me a quick look before his eyes move to the road again. I see his knuckles turn white as he squeezed the steering wheel and suddenly I realize I hadn't seen them once in the hospital. "Well... you've had a tough year a couple years back, a lot happened and well... mom thought you were making it up for attention. I just made my f2 debut and I got an apartment in Londen together with Max and one thing led to another and mom kind of kicked you out so I told you that you could live with us. You moved in with us but for a long time kept getting worse, you'd been to rehab but it didn't work. I guess it flipped a switch when I went to F1, or maybe when you met Carlos I'm not sure." I slowly nod "why haven't they visited?" Lando shakes his head "you'll have to ask them that yourself."

Just before Lando opens the front door he turns around "look this will probably go horribly wrong but I just need you to know that whatever happens I'm here okay?" I slowly nod and that's all the confirmation he needs before opening the door "mom, dad we're home" he yells through the house. I take a deep breath as I'm entering the living room myself, being greeted by my parents "hi mom and dad" after what Lando told me I'm not sure what to do. "Sophie, come in, it's good to see you." My mom says but she doesn't move an inch. Not to welcome me in, not to hug me, not to pull me closer and say thank god you're still alive so now we just stand here, looking at each other, not knowing what to say. "It's good to see you're finally off the xtc." Dad says as he walks in. I give Lando a quick glance and he just nods at me, confirming I did in fact take xtc. I drop my head a little. "I'm sorry, I don't remember anything from the last 5 years so I don't know what you're talking about." I state but I'm pretty sure Lando already told them that. My mom moves her hand, gesturing towards the dining room and I walk in taking a seat next to Lando. "So did the hospital give you any addictive drugs?" My mouth drops open and I don't know how to respond. "Mom, dad we've talked about this, she is just here for a look around her room and then we'll be leaving again." Lando gestures for me to get up and together we walk towards my room.