chapter thirty two.

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:HEAVEN & HELL

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:
HEAVEN & HELL.

⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅

THE SHEER AWKWARDNESS could easily be felt by the three women. Insects chirped just outside the barn, crisp night air fluttering through some cracks in the wooden walls. Ruby was lingering by the door, constantly looking out the cracked window beside it for any sign of trouble. Anna was seated on a tattered couch against one of the walls, her mind undoubtedly racing with one thought after another. Birdie didn't blame her, knowing she'd most likely be the same way if she hadn't grown up hunting the supernatural. And, being yanked out of a closet only to be "strongly nudged" down some separate set of stairs by a demon while Ruby was harshly whispered at certainly didn't ease the girl's nerves. Not to mention it hadn't helped that more demons were waiting outside for them, thirsty for blood and violence. But with some harsh punches and fast thinking, Ruby managed to lead Anna and Birdie to a car and drove them to safety.

Birdie wasn't fond of leaving Sam and Dean behind to get their ass kicked by a demon that even Ruby was fearful of, but Anna was the one the demon wanted. If she wasn't there or with the Winchesters, then the demons would have to move fast if they actually wanted her; continuing to beat up Sam and Dean wouldn't get them anywhere.

Now with the three women all together, Birdie felt like she was part of a bad joke Dean would come up with.

Birdie ran a hand along her face at the mere thought, walking away from the room in the corner of the barn to stretch her legs. The offset room appeared to be a makeshift bedroom, a metal frame pushed against the far wall with a twin sized mattress on top. A tattered blanket was balled up at the end, some small holes worn into it from what Birdie could see. A wooden dresser was on the same wall as the door, a grimy mirror attached to the top of it. A chair was off to the side, another blanket draped over the back of it. Birdie had thought about trying to convince Anna to get some sleep in there, but as she glanced over at the redhead, she didn't think Anna would be able to sleep even if she wanted.

She shook her head with a sigh and walked along the wall, pausing to peer out one of the cracks when she thought she heard something just outside. She crossed her arms, rubbing her hands over her arms when she felt some wind creep in through the cracks.

"Pacing won't help, you know."

Birdie halted, huffing as she sharply turned her head towards the demon. "I know that," she said, turning on her heel to face Ruby. "It'd help if I had my phone. I can't believe I forgot it."

"That wouldn't help either," Ruby said, taking a few steps closer, arms folded over her chest. "The demons could use it to track us and that's the last thing we need right now."

Birdie breathed in a sharp breath, letting her arms drop down to her sides. "Yeah. . ."

"I need to talk to my parents," Anna said, a faint frown on her lips as her eyes flickered between Birdie and Ruby. She scooted towards the edge of the couch, hands in her lap. "Just let them know I'm okay."