Chapter 1: The Silent Wanderer

Start from the beginning

You try to get up but your muscles aren't responding. They don't like you right now and are taking a lunch break. You chuckle at the thought of your muscles rebelling against you. You have treated them so poorly since childhood, but they have become stronger for it. They should be thanking you.

But you know it isn't your muscles that are rebelling against you. It's the fact that you've lost a lot of blood. If your wounds aren't treated soon then you know you're done for. You hear more hooves and hope that you aren't being arrested. You look to your sword which is a short distance away from you. You try your best to move towards it. You clench your fist in the snow and use all your strength to flip yourself closer to it.

It only took that, as the sword was only centimeters away from you. You grasp it and pull it closer. It's your best friend, you aren't leaving it behind. The fabric around it is mostly intact. You could fix it up given the right materials. You doubt there will be any available any time soon.

You hold it close as your eyes slowly fade. You hear armour hitting itself as the hooves approach. You assume they're guards. A patrol, most likely.

"Sir, I have found an injured man! He seems to be alive!"

You fade out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A beautiful blonde haired woman walks through the halls. The sound of her heels resonate though the halls. She slides a hair back into place before opening a door. A group of high ranking officials await her, all sitting in chairs. There is one chair still untaken, however. It is likely for her. It is the largest chair and is the most decorated. She slickly takes a seat and crosses her legs.

Her blue dress sparkles as she prepares herself. She lightly places her hands on her lap and looks towards the group.

"My apologies for being behind. My sister forgets I am queen, sometimes."

"No need for apologies your majesty, but may we get started?" The man sitting closest to her asks.

She nods.

"Ok, first we have a problem within the walls. The people are worried about the food supply. This winter started earlier than expected."

"No need to worry Henry, the castle has plenty of food stored away for emergency. Let the people know we have their backs. However, remind them not to abuse it. We don't want to use emergency food if we don't need to," she addresses.

They agree with what she has said.

"Next, the guards have a troubling report," Henry reads.

The queen leans in to the group a little bit, showing intrigue.

"Someone was found by a guard patrol. They were injured with two stab wounds and some other minor injuries, which consisted of cuts and bruises."

The group showed little interest in this story. Even the queen recoils a little.

"However, he was found with a weapon. A katana."

The groups starts to chatter amongst themselves.

"It wasn't a normal one either. This had the craftsmanship and markings of the Dragon Clan."

A small uproar occurs. The queen raises her hand, meaning she wants everyone to be silent.

"Have we talked to the man? Where did the guards put..."

"Him, your majesty," Henry finishes.

"Where did the guards put him?"

"Well, they brought him to our doctor then threw him in the dungeons. Last report was that Captain Durr was going to interrogate him."