39 👑 Life of the subjects

Começar do início

"Keep the change." He smiled behind his mustache. The shopkeeper bowed and packed his item.

Hyesoo was checking out some necklaces. They looked cheap but were made up of beautiful shells. "Do you want those?" Yoongi's sudden voice startled her.

"No, I was just checking out." She began walking towards another shop. She felt Yoongi's presence right at her back after some steps. "What are you doing?" She giggled.

Yoongi fixed the necklace around her empty neck. "Now my Queen looks beautiful." He whispered.

Hyesoo began laughing

Hyesoo began laughing. "You're spoiling me!" He shrugged in response and began walking ahead.

The Elesian Queen's eyes fell on a little boy who was holding a huge pitcher of water. The poor kid was barely standing due to its weight. She felt sorry for him and immediately went for his aid. "Let me help you, kid."

The child retreated in fear. On closely looking, he was malnourished and his body was covered in bruises. Hyesoo knelt before him and warmly smiled, "I am not a bad person. You can let me help you carry it to your home." She saw the child hesitating. So, she herself got into action and took the heavy pitcher. "Let's go to your home."

The boy directed her towards his house. She waited with the pitcher while he went inside first. She could hear some disturbances from inside. Someone was shouting and it was followed by a cry. She at once knew it was the child. She was about to get inside when the boy suddenly landed infront of her feet.

The Queen looked at the door in horror. A tall, ugly man walked out in angry steps. "You bastard! How dare you return empty-handed?!" He pulled the boy up by his arm and violently shook him.

"Please forgive me!!" He begged which fell on deaf ears. Hyesoo had had enough. The man was about to him hit when she held back his hand.

"He is just a child! What kind of human treats a kid like this??" She was fuming in anger.

"Don't get in my way, miss. He is my slave. I bought him!" He spat back.

"You do not own anyone." She gritted her teeth, hand still holding his in the mid-air.

"And who the hell are you to say that?" He bared his teeth and pushed her with force. Hyesoo was shielded from her fall by someone.

Yoongi's eyes darkened. A crowd was already created around them. The disguised Emperor was extremely enraged. He steadied his wife and began taking furious steps toward the man. "How dare you lay your dirty hands on my wife?!"

"Yoon!" Hyesoo stopped him by calling his fake name. "I will take care of him." She was about to go when Yoongi held back her hand and whispered in her ears, "Don't forget you are disguised as a commoner. Women in Elesia don't know how to fight unless a royal." Hyesoo nodded in understanding and stepped back.

"You should be dead for your deeds." Yoongi paid attention to the miscreant.

The man had no regrets. "Ha! I'll kill you first." He looked tall and scary but Yoongi's demeanor held power. When he spoke, people were bound to listen.