13. ) The Lost Soul

Start from the beginning

I throw the ropes towards the corner of the wall next to us. I plant my hand on Jasper's shoulder aggressively. "Why worried? You don't need us to take down a petty criminal like Jeff." I say before eyeballing Jeff with frustration.

Jaspers eyes light up. "Oh, yeah! I was just about to bust out of those ropes and rain down some pain on that dude." he lied as my grip tightens on his shoulder, making me push the boy towards Jeff from pure anger.

"Is that so? Then you don't mind taking him down for us? We've had a long day.. you know, sense it's Halloween." I say sarcastically, nudging Jasper closer to the criminal.

Jasper stares at me with his mind blank. "Huh?"

"Go show that criminal who's boss." Captain Man ordered while shoving Jasper even closer to the man.

"Yeah, Kid Danger, go bust him up!" Monica growled aggressively before looking over to me enthusiastically. "I love it when boys fight." she stated to me, I sheepishly smile back at her.

Jasper steadily moved his torso to face Jeff while trying to stall. "Okay..." He draws his fist up into a ball. "This is what you get for breaking into people's cars, and for kidnapping us on Halloween!"

The boy punched Jeff in the stomach; or tried too. It obviously didn't affect the criminal so my dad and I both took our zappers out from our belts and struck Jeffs stomach; making it seem like Jasper knocked him out.

Jasper admired his fist with amazement. "Whoa..." he muttered under his breath before turning to Monica, courageously. "That was for you, Monica." He points to her direction.

She smiles widely while drawing her arms to her back. "Way to go, K-D."

"Yay! How fun! You got a bad guy K-D!" I narrow my eyebrows at Jasper angrily with dad clapping along sarcastically in the background.

"Hey, can we talk to you for a second?" Dad asked, before leading everyone except Monica and Jeff into the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure." Jasper then turns his head to Monica with a cheeky smile. "My boss needs me." he smirked.

I hug my arms, meanwhile my dad placed both of his on his hips. We both eye Jasper with annoyed looks, as he finally takes the hint. He takes one step closer to us, but keeping his head down at the floor. "Listen, Captain Man.. Athena."

"Yes?" We inquire with unison.

Jasper looks over to Monica slyly, then turning his attention back to us with dissatisfaction. "I'm not really Kid Danger." he whispers.

"We know that!" Captain Man hollers back in a whisper, while jabbing his fingers at Jaspers chest bitterly.

"I think its best you tell someone else that." I raise a brow and nudge my head in the direction of his crush. Shes standing in corner of the room awkwardly while leaning on the wall.

Jasper remains trying to avoid eye contact. "But if I tell her the truth, she won't like me anymore." he mumbled sadly.

I take his hand into mine with sorrow. "I feel like you should look into someone who likes you for you, not for Kid Danger." I feel his eyes widen with a sigh, along with his cheeks turning a shade of pink.

I slowly take my hand away, noticing his blush. I hold my hands together behind my back awkwardly.

"How old are you, son?" My dad questions.

"15."

Dad places a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Then you are way too young to be lying to girls." he declare.