fifteen | out in the open

Mulai dari awal

"What the fuck is that?" I ask, pointing at it and then looking at the couple who own it.

"What? I might need it." Athena scoffs.

"I don't think that's a good-"

A knock interrupts me.

"I don't think I can do this." I run down their hallway.

"Trinity! Come back here!" Athena yells and then the knocking gets louder. "Open the door for him before he breaks our fucking door." Athena tells Reid and I can hear her footsteps after me.

I'm escaping because I don't want to see Aaron's face.

I hear the door open. I don't even know where I'm going.

I don't even know why I'm running away.

I stop and let Athena lead me back into her living room.

"It's going to be okay, Trin. If he does something, I'll cut him." She states, she has a bit of humor in her tone but I know she's serious. "I'm here for you, babe."

I want to marry Athena. Fuck Reid for taking her away.

I think I'm going crazy.

I breath in and out. I can do this.

We make it to the living room and I see him and then the air gets knocked out of me.

I'm terrified to tell him.

"Why is there a knife on the coffee table?" Aaron asks, staring at me. "What's going on?"

He glances at Reid who's standing next to him.

"We need to talk." I state, holding onto Athena's arm for support.

"Okay, but do they have to be here?" He asks, glancing back and forth between me, Reid, and Athena.

I'm about to respond but Athena beats me to it. "Don't be a cunt, sit down and listen to her."

Aaron stays standing, Reid sits.

I was going to say, "I would like them here." But Athena's version is better.

Tell him. Rip off the bandaid.

I shudder at the thought of ripping off a bandaid.

Okay, here I go.

"I'm pregnant."

There's a silence. My focus is only on Aaron and his body.

But I especially focus on his reaction. I wait. Patiently.

His mouth agapes.

He closes it.

His eyes drop down to my stomach like I'm showing, I'm not, and then he glances back at my face.

And we stare at each other.

His next words get me angry. "Are you positive?"

"All of the fucking tests had those two lines and said pregnant." Besides the one negative I got. "So yeah, I'm fucking positive."

"Okay. Okay." He states, looking down. He sits down and takes a deep breath.

Athena leads me to the couch, sits me down before sitting next to Reid. We all sit in silence for what seems like forever.

Aaron's face is a mixed of anger and frustration.

I don't know if those emotions are towards the news I just told him. Or at the current situation we're in. But I just know that I don't want to see his actions those emotions cause.

"Let's go." Reid stands up, Aaron looking up at him.

"Where?" Aaron asks.

"The office, we need to have a meeting, call Donovan." He states and Aaron gets up.

Reid turns around and whispers something into Athena's ear before kissing her. She lingers onto him before letting him walk away.

Aaron appears in front of me and tells me something that he's been telling me since that night at his house. "I'm going to make everything better, I promise."

I didn't listen nor care those other times he said this but the way he said it right now sounds like he actually meant it. Like he was actually going to make everything better.

I just nod before watching Aaron leave, following Reid out the door. I turn my head to look at Athena.

She jumps on me, hugging me tightly. "We have so much to catch up on." She kisses my cheek before letting me go and sitting calmly next to me, her legs up on the couch, her body facing me.

"We did catch up." I remind her, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Not really, you told me everything that I missed on your life these past months. It's my turn to tell you about my life now." She corrects me, a smile growing on her face.

"Okay, start." I smile back at her, a genuine fucking smile.

"Reid made me come seven times-"

My eyes almost pop out of my head. I forgot she and Reid finally had sex.

I knew Athena was pregnant but I forgot how she even got pregnant.

Seven??

Lucky her.

I put my legs up on the couch and turn my body towards hers.

I listen to her explain her life these past months.

As we talked, joked, and reminisce, I remembered how good it felt being with my best friend.

And how fucked up it was that our time these past few months were taken up by men.

At least their rich.