Hostage

(Back to Y/n's point of view)

I woke up to Luz shaking me on the shoulder. I sat up and had my fists ready for a fight. "Who? What? Where-?" I reflexively say. "Who- Luz, What- Bounty, Where- downstairs for breakfast" Luz answered. Luz went on ahead downstairs after telling me about breakfast.

I got dressed into my casual clothes and headed down for breakfast. "Man someone looks tired" Luz said. "Hey, it's not my fault Hooty yowls all night" Eda said. "I was talking about Y/n but yeah, I heard it to" Luz said. "I didn't hear him. Guess I'm a heavy sleeper but yeah I guess it's because I'm used to sleeping in a treehouse I forgot I was staying here. Thanks by the way" I said. "It's no big deal, us wild witches have to stick together" Eda said.

Her words brought a smile to my face. "Right, today we are going bounty hunting" Eda said. My smile immediately faded away. After we all ate breakfast, we headed into bonesborough. "I don't see why I have to go" King muttered. "Because, the more the merrier and you live under my house so it's either this or pay rent" Eda said. Great, I have the same living conditions as a baby demon. I thought to myself.

We approached the monster bulletin board for bounties. They were arguing on what bounty to do but a bounty caught my eyes and I took it. "Fine let's let Y/n decide" Luz said. I looked blankly at them in confusion with the bounty in my hands. They looked at my bounty and had regretful faces. "This is going to take forever" King said.

We headed towards the dock and I couldn't help but feel creeped out by the ship. I noticed on the side of the ship that it was one of the Emperors ships. I shrugged it off and thought it would be fine since the creatures on board weren't wearing any guard outfits. Luz and I had to change into piratey clothing. We ended on the dock and the captain told us to stab the deck. "Aye aye matey" Luz said with a bit of humor. Of course I laughed.

"Hey have you seen Eda?" I asked. "No I haven't" Luz said. We were both getting worried till King spoke up. "I'll go find her, she probably found some blood juice" He said and left. Luz and I were able to talk some more. Just then the ship was being rocked by the very creature we were supposed to kill, the Selkidomus. Something was wrong, why would this creature be attacking when we didn't even attack. Right... there's probably been others that tried to kill it. Yet... how did it know we were after it. It must be protecting something. I thought to myself.

Luz created an ice glyph so we could see it better on the surface then it immediately went in the water and left us alone. "That was weird" I said outloud. "Thief!" The captain shouted. Luz and I both looked to see the stranger getting on a small boat with the Selki's reward. "Oh no you don't!" Luz shouted and went into the boat. I followed after her to make sure she was ok. The boat dropped in the water. "Great now we can't get back on board" I said.

"Wait a second, EDA?" Luz asked shocked. "Welcome aboard kiddos" She snorted. "WHAT? we were going to earn this money honestly. How could you!" I said. "Yeah, Yeah. The Selki appeared then left so good luck killing it now" she said. "You are unbelievable! On top of that we left King on the ship!" Luz said. Eda had a guilty expression on her face, it was faint but it was still there.

Then the Golden Guard showed up with a bird cage in hand. I was amazed to see him again but then I instantly regretted seeing him after his words. "What's about to happen should be relatively painless if you just do as I say" he says. Those were the exact same words he said to me when he captured me. "What do you want oh great Golden guard" Luz said. "This does not concern you human" he said. "You know my name, why Don't you use it?" Luz asked. I was a bit shocked to hear that the Golden Guard knew Luz. Eda also was surprised. Luz realized what she said and regretted her words. "Heh oops" she said.

"I... forget it!" He said then pointed at me. "Your coming with me" he said. "Yeah, that's not going to happen" I said. "Wait, your not after me?" Eda asked. "Hm... I could possibly bring you instead. But no I'm here for her" He said. "Wait... do you even know my name?" I asked. He hesitated again. "Hah, you come looking for me but you don't even know my name." I said and laughed. "I might not know your name but I know that your the Sentinel Slayer." He said. I froze up and looked at him. "WHAT- How did he know about that?!" Luz asked. I face palmed myself. "I accidentally showed my face to him when I first fought him" I said with a sigh.

"Well then if you don't come with me, then your human's pet will be thrown into the boiling sea." Hunter said. He removed the veil and showed King inside the bird cage. "KING!" The three of us said in unison. "Gah so loud. Honestly just do as I say and I won't hurt him" He said. I placed Luz in danger when I asked to stay at the owl house. Then again Eda could protect her. I thought to myself.

I glanced at Eda but then brought my attention to the Golden Guard. I can't put my problems on them. I thought and took a step towards him. "Hold on, you still need to kill the Selkidomus. You don't think I'm just going to let you steal one million snails" he said and pointed to the cave behind us with the beasts shadow.