°•Cherry Dream°•

Steadily, up and down, my chest heaved drawing in another breath. The night had been cool, the crickets were chiming rythmically as the window swayed gently with each short lived gale, I was, not so cozy, on the guest bed with, however, Flutters being in her own room this time sleeping further away from me than usual, hmm I should ask her why she used to normally be sleeping near me like an old times japanese servant.

However for now, I couldn't sleep, as perfect as this night was to close my eyes and let my thoughts melt away, I just couldn't muster any fatigue, trying only made it allude me more, I'd be lying if I said I could just brush what happened earlier today off, 'Hmm... could it be that whole bone between the thighs thing got her wary of being around me?' I guess so because she kind of just shut herself away after coming back, I hope she's not upset with me, 'I know! I'll apologize for it properly!' just at the end of that conclusion I heard the hens yelp out... 'Wait that ain't right, only roosters do that?!' I thought looking out the window. Also, I'm surprised I can even tell the difference at this point.

A triangler dark form stood up with a another diamond or kite shape for, I guess, a head. It was holding one of the drowsy panicked hens as I stared wide eyed, "he-..." My voice cut off abit having this be the first time I'm in a situation where I'm confronting a thief, "HEY!!" But I'd be damned to let Flutters down again by just watching. "HEY, PUT THAT BACK YOU CROOK?!!" I yelled out as the figure jolted at the stern reprimands, their hood falling to reveal a crimson haired mere, "EEK?!" They squeaked running off with the large bird as I quickly gave chase, "Please don't catch me!" Their pinched and shakey voice blurts out, "NO WAY I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU! Put the CHICKEN DOWN!"

Left, right, left my feet kick at the dirt beneath me with frequent crunches as I found myself catching up, 'Honestly, what the heck am I even thinking running after some random mere at night, what if this is a trap or worse, well I might aswell commit now.' I tucked my anxious thoughts into the back of my head and immediately tackling the mere to the ground with  one snap and rustling, when the dust cleared and the leaves settled I realized, while huffing from all that running, we've ended up in the forest. "HAH HAH AAAH I ALREADY LET IT HAH GOOO! JEEZ!!" She puffed and squealed, "I knew it, she had some weird looking creatures protecting her home and stuff!" She sighs out, wiggling about.

Alright, I need answers, "Wait what? Don't act like you're an innocent bystander now, you still stole something, remember? Also stop struggling, tell me why you did it, resorting to the life of a petty thief, your world's economy is still good!" I spurt out as she shut her eye leaning her face away, "WH-WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT, let go of my wrists?!" She retorts fighting me pinning them. "Okay okay, listen, Zecora said if I want her help finding my missing or stolen lo- things, I need to clear my suspicions by doing the same for theirs and we'd use a caldron to see if it's really them or not using a piece of it." She said completely still at this point before looking away and just resting that way, 'Who the hell is Zecora?' I thought before getting off of her. As she gets up and presents some feathers in her palm, "I'm sorry for stealing from Fluttershy, here you can have this..." She mumbled out, "Umm, keep that it's fine. You honestly should've just took the feathers alone." "I WAS THOUGH, but you started yelling at me as I was about to pluck them..." She protested as her gaze slowly faded to looking at her feet and her voice mellowed, "Anyways, my name is Cherry Dream uh, thanks." She said before running off once more.

I sighed and dusted myself off and looked around, "I wonder where that chicken went?" I thought out loud and so my search began, as I scanned through the dark for a bright white dot anywhere near, I couldn't help but feel like I'm being watched and soon stepped carefully to try and keep the noise down as I stepped I heard a few sharp snaps, there's no mistaking it, I'm definitely being stalked, "Alright, godspeed it is" I uttered stretching briefly before taking off as fast as I can back to the Cottage before I heard leaves rustle loud behind me, 'Is it CHASING ME?!' I thought going into full overdrive hopping the fence and entering Flutters yard soon being in the inside of the Cottage with my heart punching at my throat and my chest reaching out Infront of me, my knees weakening as I slump down and sit against the door, "Oh man, I'm running way more in this world than I ever would back home." I huffed out before locking my gaze with two bright blue orbs in the dark in the living room of the shy mere before they approached, "Oh hey intruder, where have you been?" A timid tone pierced the darkness playfully as my eyes only showed me light swirls from the lack of oxygen in my body, it's as if her eyes were glowing. "Chicken... Cherry... Zecora..." I said feeling my head sway from feeling like waves of water crash and swayed in my head before my eyelids weighed more, 'Oh right, I haven't slept yet...' I thought as my body initiated a shutdown from the sleep deprivation and exhaustion.

Author's Note:
Wow, I'm surprised people still even wanna read what I have to write, I have been away for a hot minute cause life, and my ADHD acting up with all types of hyperfixations, I read through my previous chapters and thought, 'I need to do better and watched tons of Reedsy, hopefully you enjoyed this update.