Chapter-8

I Kept thinking about it the whole time inside the auditorium, I could hear the kids singing on the stage they were dressed as bees, honey and trees, Brad was dressed up as a bee and was in the front row, the audience were mostly parents and it was a little bit awkward being the only kid, Some parents were looking at me and whispering to themselves, I wanted to say something to them but I didn’t, the kids were singing for a very long time it almost felt like forever and the parents were all clapping and making so much noises, I didn’t know what was so good about the song, the kids were all singing very bad and all I could think about was the story Silas had told, it was a little bit hard for me to believe him but the thought that all the things happening made it seem real, I wonder what happened to the little girl Emily and her brother did they die and if they were really living in our house, will the same thing happen to me as well, thinking about this gave me chills. The parents suddenly started to clap all together, the kids were finally finished with their song, I too joined them and started to clap, I saw Brad jumping up and down as he went back to the backstage, after the curtains were closed, a lady came out from the curtains she said something about the kids and the Bees and every one began to laugh, the lady was thin and she had a very sharp cheek bone rubbed with red blush, it seemed as if she were looking at me as she said all those words which I cannot hear properly, the parents on the auditorium continued to laugh, every single one of them were laughing, I didn’t get it what was so funny about it and where did all the kids disappear? The parents wouldn’t stop laughing in fact some of them were looking all tried from laughing but they still kept on laughing.
“How about we all give a round of applause.“ The lady said raising her hands in the air, all the parents stood up at once and Started to clap even more, all the noises of Clapping and laughing made my ears to bleed. I quietly stood up from my chair and tried to sneak out of the room, but my legs were so heavy it took almost forever to reach the door, I finally got out of the door and Brad was standing in front of me he looked like a girl.
“Brad what are you doing here?“ I said grabbing him by his shoulder, “are you done, can we go home?“
“Let’s play Pokémon.“ He said.
“What the heck are you saying Brad, let’s go home.“
I hold his hand and started making my way towards the exit door but as I opened it there was another room and it was filled with lots of people walking around, they all stopped and stared at me, hundreds of eyes looking at me. I stood there frozen in fear, I didn’t know what to do, all the  people kept their stare at me and would not look away, I quickly went back inside the school
“What is happening?“
The exit door slowly opened and an old woman came out,
“who are you?“ I said
She just stood there, her face was all wrinkled and her lips were matted red she slowly approached towards me, grabbed my hand and said, “ To be or not to be.“
I quickly pushed her away and ran towards the nearest door I could find,
“Brad quick!“ I said and Brad quickly went inside, I locked the door and pulled out my cell phone and punched mom’s number, it took a while for her to pick up but she finally did.
“Mom!!“ I cried, “Where are you?“
“Brooke? What happened.“ She replied, her voice cracked over the phone.
“Mom I don’t know what’s going on but everyone here is acting so weird.“
“…….“
“Hello!? Mom?“ The phone remained silent for awhile before it started making cracking noises..
“Brooke! Where is Brad” mom said
I looked over at Brad, he was standing beside the door.
“Brad, what are you doing?“ I said, “ come here, don’t stand there.“ He slowly turned towards me and just stood there staring at me.
“Brad? What’s wrong come here.“
“Brooke! Where is Brad?“
My heart started to beat very fast and I began to feel dizzy, Brad was just staring at me.
“I don’t know mom.“ I replied, “he’s just staring at me.“
“What do you mean, you are suppose to take care of each other-”
“Mom, Iam scared!!“
“……….“
The phone suddenly started to crack
“Tejnwnsjwjk”
“Mom? Hello? Mom!?“
The phone signal was gone, I could not hear anything from the phone, I tried switching off the phone and turning it on but the signal was still not there, I sat there on the floor hugging myself with Brad just looking at me.
“Brad..“ I called him out but he didn’t move, I got up on my feet and tried to walk towards him but stopped when I saw the same old woman across the window….