Harry Potter and Homelessness

Hi, I got this prompt from a sentence generator. This is a slight examination of the problem of homelessness. I tried to be tactful and tasteful with this one-shot. The numbers are random, I have no idea how accurate the numbers would be. I hope you enjoy my writing.

I have three fanfiction accounts. One on Archiveofourown under the username FangirlWriter1!, Wattpad under the name FangirlWriter, and under the username DaniMason. I have a Twitter Account that gives updates to my stories under the username DaniMason2019. Please check Twitter out and follow it if you like my stories. I really appreciate feedback on how I write and I would love some reviews. I don't own Harry Potter or the characters.

-FangirlWriter

Harry had never seen as many homeless people before. In the hallways of the Ministry of Magic, wizards and witches filled the sidelines with tattered clothes and dirt on them. Recently a Neo Death Eater lost control of Fiendfyre and burned many homes in both the muggle world and the wizarding world.

The difference between the wizarding world and the muggle world with the homeless situation was that the muggle world had a system to help. It might not be the best, but there was one. Also, they had way less damaged property. Harry snorted at that thought.

The wizarding world was way behind when it came to helping out people that weren't rich. Well, there might be change because a few rich purebloods lost their homes. Harry thought Hermione might use this tragedy to usher in more humanitarian laws. Hermione was proving to be like Emma Waston, famous for being Harry Potter's best friend, and used that fame to be an activist. Hermione had won rights for the house elves. She has been focusing on other sentient species' rights at the moment and, homelessness sounded right up her alley.

It has been so hard to work in the Ministry with people lining the hallways for shelter at night. Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade were filled to the brim with homeless people. Recent or otherwise. The regulars were still begging for money with sides of wood boxes in their hands.

Then getting arrested for illegal potions or drinking with the new money. Unlike Vernon Dursley, Harry didn't hate everything that homelessness represented, the absence of normalcy. The Dursleys both thought homelessness was for lowlife freaks. Harry was terrified for a while of becoming homeless. Then Harry hoped it would happen sometime, so he could not be with the Dursleys.

In a few months, most of the homeless people in the wizarding world disappeared because they found housing. Hermione pushed through a home for displaced people, a women's and men's shelter. Then she got a rehab shelter since everyone could agree to help drug users, Hermione got the votes barely by suggesting that they could only get shelter if they got help.

That ended up working better than Hermione expected. Homelessness dropped by 15%. Overall the wizarding world was dragged into a kinder world by Harry Potter and Hermione Granger mainly with their generation and friends cheering them on and supporting their endeavors.