Chapter 11

"Talk to Mikhail. He might actually consider it." Yulia had told me.

It's been a few days since they forcefully brought here and locked me up inside this manor. I had expressed my will to meet my father and know about his health and Yulia suggested I talk to the lord of the manor himself. 

 I took a deep breath as I stood in front of his door. Are you seriously thinking this will work? I questioned myself. I don't know if he'll even listen to me, but I've got no choice. I can't stay stuck here forever. 

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door, but I got no answer. I knocked again. "Isn't he inside?" I muttered as I impatiently tapped my feet. 

When no one answered the door, I turned around to go. Reaching half the hallway, I heard some noise coming from one of the rooms. When I followed the voice, I saw the door was open a little, and the voice was coming from inside the room. Just as I touched the doorknob to further open the door, I felt a presence behind me. Just then, his hand grabbed mine and shut the door loudly. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" He hissed in my ear. 

"I-" 

He then turned me around, pinning my hand against my back. The impact made me hit my head. "Ow!" I shut my eyes in reflex. When I opened my eyes, his face was right in front of mine, his blue eyes bore into mine. 

I struggled to free myself, trying to step away from him, instead he pulled me closer, "You didn't answer me." 

"Leave me," I told him, as I backed away, my hand on the knob pushed it open, his eyes shifted from mine as he took a peek inside, I was about to turn my head but he pulled the door and shut it, holding my wrist he dragged me from there.

"Hey!" I yelled at him but he dragged me all the way to my room and threw me inside. 

"Why were you out there?" He glared at me.

"Excuse me? You can't expect me to stay in this room all the time! If you don't want me to see anything then lock the room properly!" I glared back at him.

"You" He muttered, he then stopped and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, he opened his eyes, "nevermind," He said as he turned to leave.

"Wait!" I shouted. He stopped. 

"I was searching for you anyway, so just listen to me," I said.

He turned around and raised his brows at me.

"I want to meet my dad," I told him.

"Sure, in your dreams," he mocked me and turned to go.

"I said wait!" I ran ahead of him and blocked his way, "Just tell me why the hell am I here? What do you want from me? Why did you even marry me?" I asked.

He chose silence as his defense.

"This is not how it works!" I yelled at him, "You can't expect me to stay here quietly and not answer any of my questions at the same time."

"I don't want to." He retorted, "And don't worry, I'm not keeping you here forever, as soon as the road is clear, I'll send you back home so till then enjoy your stay." He said.

"Enjoy your stay, you say? What's so enjoyable about being locked up in this golden cage?" I scoffed at him.

"At least it's golden," He shrugged. 

"Why can't I meet my dad?" I stamped my feet in frustration.

"Vasielevs are out there to get you, I can't even send you to the airport and you want to go to meet the one who is the most dangerous for you? How stupid can you be?"