"It's true."

The duke was also answering it honestly. Here, Luana felt the need to step in. Why would you say that here? She wanted to keep him quiet by shoving a chocolate cookie into his mouth if she could. If it hadn't been for anyone watching, she would have been happy to do that.

"I was locked up in a dungeon, but it wasn't hard!"

However, neither seemed to believe it because she omitted many words in the middle.

"Luana."

Especially Ingrid.

The duke she knew was never a good person, so that she couldn't believe Luana. How can she be okay when she got locked up in the dungeon? That can't be true! Maybe her little sister was too tired to talk about it.

She had heard this theory before that those who are forcibly captured by a vicious person eventually rationalize themselves to survive. If the person were nice to the victim, the victim would lean on him and feel love. But all of that is just an illusion.

She wanted to tell her and rescue Luana. However, Ingrid's condition was no different from hers now. So all she could do was give her some advice.

"That's an illusion."

"What?"

"It's all an illusion."

Ingrid's expression seemed bitter. On the other hand, the emperor looked happy, like he was hearing a funny story.

"It's an illusion. I agree with you."

In his case, it wasn't like Ingrid's advice. It was because he just wanted to know the reality and see Luana collapse.

"I'm telling you."

She repeated it, but the reaction of the two did not change. Somehow, both felt like they saw the duke as an excessive villain. Luana caressed the empty glass and smiled awkwardly.

"Do you want to sleep with me tonight?"

In such a situation, Ingrid made an offer.

"Yeah, that'd be great."

The emperor smiled skeptically and agreed.

"Sometimes it's okay to stay with my sister."

"I don't like that."

As the Duke frowned and opposed, Ingrid said.

"Aren't you going to give her just one night of freedom?"

"Is it just one night?"

The Duke looked more sensitive than usual.

"It's just one night, please allow her."

Even the emperor put his words; the duke could not refuse. He looked at Luana with his usual sullen expression. Luana wanted to refuse, but she didn't dare to refuse her in this situation. Above all, Ingrid is looking at her with a sad expression!

"One night would be fine, wouldn't it?"

Then the duke leaned over and whispered in her ear.

"Then how can I sleep?"

In an instant, Luana almost jumped from the spot.

'Don't whisper in my ear!'

Her hands automatically covered her ears as they tickled.

'Wasn't you supposed to be hugging me out of fear of me running away? What do you mean by 'How can I sleep'?'

Fortunately, Ingrid didn't seem to hear that. Judging by the expression on the emperor's face, he seemed to have heard it.