License Exam

For the next week, Class 1-A's classes were set aside to allow them to train for the Provsional Licensing Exam that was coming up. Every day they would train and create new moves, but since Izuku had to rely on his gear, he was focused on improving it and adding new tools to his arsenal.

He had been able to get his hands on a few rope darts, which he mainly used to pull enemies towards him but he learned how to hang them from high places using them as well. He also gave himself a second hidden blade, but instead of a normal blade, this one had a hook at the end of it, yes it lost any slashing ability but it still stabbed like a dream and it could help him climb better.Bakugo also tried to fight him every chance he got. Most of the time Izuku was able to dodge and overpower him, but sometimes Bakugo was able to beat him.

Those defeats made Izuku realize that he needed to work on his combat against emitter quirks, as he could fight against mutant and transformation quirks fine since they almost never extended past the body, but emitter quirks gave their users actual tools and weapons to use, and each one was different. That led to him sparring against his classmates whenever he had the chance.

He eventually got the hang of using his new tools, though the rope dart took a while, and a lot of help from both Aizawa and Tomoko, to figure out. With his new mastery of his gear, he was fully prepared to take the exam.

The day was here, the class was going to have their licenses and would be able to do actual hero work instead of breaking the law every other week.

Once they were there they were doing a little class huddle when some guy from Shiketsu interrupted them and hit his head on the ground. When they left, Ms. Joke's class came over, with her annoying Aizawa to get married. After that, they finally went inside to start the exam.

They had to put targets on their bodies somewhere that could be seen, and throw balls at other's targets to pass the first part.

Once it started, Izuku took off, saying he works better alone. Shortly after he left he saw a big dust cloud and all of his classmates get separated. He ran over to a city like environment and started his hunt.

He used Eagle Vision to look for examinees, many showed up and were glowing gold. He didn't want to be in the open so he stuck to backways and alleys he found. Eventually he spotted what looked to be Shoji, Jirou, Asui, and Yaourozu stuck in a room. He noticed what seemed to be snipers on the building across from them, he quickly climbed the building from the outside and were able to reach the roof they were on. They didn't see him coming, and couldn't fight back when he used a smoke bomb to get close and eliminate both of them.

Once he was done there, he looked at the building and saw a red group of students walking up to his classmate's floor. He took action quickly, he climbed down, and ran into the building. He was climbing the stairs when he looked up and saw his classmates were close to exhaustion, Yaourozu was clearly running out of fat to use, Jirou was holding and injured ear, and Shoji was carrying a bundled up Asui. He stopped just before the floor, and prepared himself. He used his hook blade to get pull himself up, knowing the enemy would expect the stairs, so when he came over the railing, they were surprised. He quickly got to work, he knew he already passed so he only knocked them out for his classmates to get. Once that was done, he opened the door and let them out.

Yaourozu: "Thank you Midoriya."

Izuku: "No problem. Now I suggest you all tag their targets so we can get to the exam room to wait for the others."

The group nodded and tagged their opponents. When they arrived at the meet up area for people who passed, the group told their classmates how Izuku helped them. Just then an Association official walked out and announced that the next portion of the exam, was to rescue civilians from the, now collapsed, areas they had just fought in. After the targets were taken off, they began the second part.

This time Izuku stuck with his classmates, and helped take people to the evacuation area. He had just put down a smaller civilian with a head wound, when a wall nearby blew apart, and an army of minions charged out, followed by Gang Orca. Izuku knew he was finally able to shine. He ran towards the minions, batons in hand, and started taking them out. Even with their concrete launchers they stood no chance, Izuku was able to take out a large portion of them before GO stepped in. GO charged at him and swatted him away from the minion he was about to knock out. Izuku then popped the blades in his batons when regained his footing.

GO: "I was told The Assassin would make an appearance. Let us see just how skilled you are with those blades of yours."

Izuku ran at GO, but slid under him to try and slice his calves to make the man kneel. Before he could though, GO jumped away. Before Izuku could recover from the slide, GO turned to him, and stunned him with a sonic pulse. As GO turned to walk away, he felt something stick into his neck, when he took it out he saw a dart, freshly empty of contents. Then he felt dizzy, he held his head and started to stumble, then he was filled with rage. The giant orca man was going berserk, he was so angry that he was swinging at anything, and neglected to pay attention to his surroundings. As he started to calm down, he failed to notice the duo of Todoroki and Inasa, starting to use their quirks together to make a fire tornado. He was able to see Uraraka carrying an unconscious Izuku away. The exam ended shortly afterwards.

When Izuku woke up he was back in the dorms, not in his room, or the common space. He was in Tomoko's room, a few minutes later the woman walked into the room with some katsudon and an envelope held under her arm.

Tomoko: "Nice to see you're awake, I was starting to worry. I brought some katsudon for you."

She put the food down on to the table as he sat at it as well as the envelope. Tomoko noticed him looking at it and decided to speak up again.

Tomoko: "Oh that? Your license and exam score are inside."

Izuku then lit up and ignored the food he had just started to eat, and opened it up. He looked at his license for a while before Tomoko coughed to get his attention, he looked at her, but she looked a little nervous for some reason.

Izuku: "Is something wrong Shiretoko?"

Tomoko: "Other than the fact that the congratulatory bowl of katsudon I made for you is getting cold? Nothing."

Izuku quickly apologized and thanked her for the food, as he ate, he was wondering what was coming next.