Halloweenie [EDITED]

"You're doing it wrong."

I turned to glare at Riddle. We were only four weeks into school, and he was already top in Charms and Transfiguration, and second in Potions. He decided to helpfully tell me every single time I did something wrong. It was getting annoying.

Really annoying.

"Shut it Riddle," I said. 

Riddle chuckled. "You did it wrong. You added the bezoar before the unicorn horns. You add the horn first," he said. I cleaned out my cauldron and started over.

At the end of the lesson, despite having Riddle comment every time I made a mistake, he and Aubrey were the only one who managed to successfully complete the potion. 10 points had been added to Slytherin and Gryffindor.

Aubrey had become one of Snape's favorites somehow, earning Gryffindor points. It spread like wildfire, all the Gryffindors wanted to know her secret. She was the only person he ever gave points to

I followed the others out of the classroom and up the stairs. "I'll meet you in the Great Hall. Stupid Lockfart insisted I meet him in his office," I said. 

"Are you kidding? He's a psychotic egomaniac. Just come with us," Matilda said. 

I scoffed. "And risk getting a detention and having to be forced to stay with him. Not a chance," I said. Ginny laughed.

I hurried along the corridor to the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom. The door opened and the twins came out. "Madame Girl who Lived," they said, bowing. 

"Shove off," I said, pushing past them and inside.

"Potter."

I mouthed shit and turned around.

Riddle was leaning against the door frame. I sighed and folded my arms. "What do you want Riddle?" I asked. 

Riddle chuckled. "And what makes you think I want anything with you?" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Ahh, so you've met."

I gritted my teeth. "Professor." I spun around. 

Riddle chuckled. "Lockhart," he greeted. 

"Sir, why are we here?" I asked the grinning man. 

"You are the two most attentive students in my class. I would like for you two to help me answer my fan mail after dinner tonight. For extra credit of course."

I would rather kill myself.

"Well, I'm sorry, Professor, but I'm really behind in Potions. But Riddle here is really good at Potions, so why don't he help you with your letters, and I'll catch up on my homework. I'm really sorry," I said, turning to leave.

"Maybe Riddle could tutor you," Lockhart offered. 

I turned to glare at Riddle, who smirked. "Sure." 

I opened my mouth to object, but Lockhart shushed me. "Go, get a head start. I'll see you both after dinner."

He turned around and I stormed out of the class. The door shut behind Riddle. "What the hell!" I said, spinning on my heel. 

Riddle smirked. "Think I'm suffering by myself Potter? You have seriously gone mental," he said. 

I kicked him and ran off. "Your mental if you think I'm going anyway," I yelled.

~~

Halloween rolled around, and everyone was super excited. The Great Hall had been decorated with the usual live bats,Hagrid's vast pumpkins had been carved into lanterns large enough for three mento sit in, and there were rumors that Dumbledore had booked a troupe of dancingskeletons for the entertainment.