“Papa kudichutha?(she got drunk?)” He asked me astonishingly. My housekeeper and others working in my house all know my family. They have been here many times during her vacation. I have told Dhilip not to mention anything about our marriage to anyone and I have planned to tell everyone that she is here to finish her studies. I should tell her to maintain the same.

“Don’t disturb her, Anna. give her food or whatever she asks for after she gets up. I have to go shooting. Make my breakfast ready.” I told him and ran upstairs to my room. I have been eating delicious food and haven't done any exercise for more than a week now. I went straight to my gym where Dhilip was already there getting my weights ready. 

“Hahaha!”

“Stop that annoying laughter, Dhilip. I am going to tell them that she is going to stay here for a year for her studies. You maintain the same thing too.”

“I think you guys are meant for each other just like your Ammachi said.”

“Stop that smirk or I am going to throw this dumbbell on you.”

“Haha, I could not stop it. Sorry. But to tell you the truth, you are behaving totally indifferent with her. Why, Varun?”

“Because I hate her with every fiber of my being.” I told him and concentrated on my workouts. She is impossible.

I gobbled up the egg whites and boiled chicken with some broth and ran to the car as I was already running late. All because of that devil that has clinged on to me. 

It was a love-action subject and the heroine is a newcomer. She is so young, almost Laya’s age. Her acting is awful and she takes too many attempts to get a single expression. The romance scenes are the only ones she does naturally. It is a song today and I don't know why the hell she was dressed in such skimpy clothes. 

“Hello, Varun sir.” She greeted me with a warm smile. 

“Hello, Preethi. Good morning.” I greeted her back and ran into my caravan to get ready. My assistants were all ready with costumes and make-up.

“Good morning, Varun. How is your grandma?”

“The operation was successful and she is fine now. I will be out in five minutes, director sir.” I told him. He was the director of this movie. Such a renowned director and I still wonder how he agreed to cast Preethi as his heroine. But then, she is the daughter of the producer and he had no other choice. 

“No problem, take your time. She is still learning her steps.”

“Will we finish this song today?”

“God knows! I need a favor to ask of you, Varun.”

“Tell me, sir?”

“I want you to teach her some acting. She is quite comfortable with you. She acts naturally when she is around you.”

“I am not an acting coach, sir. But I will see what I can do.”

“At this rate, this movie will face critics for her acting even though the story and you excel. And we would be pushed to give false advertisements for our movie.”

“Meaning?”

“That you and Preethi are dating!”

“Sir!” I was taken aback. We have done this for some movies before. A little rumor will hike the rate of the movie. It will interest the audience. Producers and directors will do this when they for sure know the movie is not up to the mark. Now, Preethi’s acting is worse and the director is covering her lack of acting skills in her skimpy clothes. But he is afraid of his reputation which is justifiable. I would have agreed to this drama usually but now I feel bad. I cannot do this. Rumors means it will spread across Coimbatore also. Even though they know it is all just rumors, Athai and mama may not feel it that way now.