Big Scary Ghost -Chapter 3

TW: implied/referenced torture and experimentation, implied starvation, graphic description of panic, blood, kidnapping, ANGST (so much angst guys I am so sorry)

Notes

Guys, I think this is the angstiest thing I have ever written, I'm so sorry! Make sure to pay attention to the trigger warnings. The first two sections are Danny's POV from the last two chapters with some new content at the end from Jason's POV

---

Danny was fading and he knew it. He couldn't stay in the sky much longer. He needed to hide. Everything hurt; he could feel his energy draining as he flew away as fast as he could from that horrible place.

He made a strangled sound of pain as he flickered again and lost altitude before he grabbed his bearings and readjust himself.

He can't go back, could never go back - but his core was sputtering. He had been at nearly no energy ever since they captured him, and the horrible collar kept zapping him every time he used too much of his power. He needed to run, but at this point, he was going to fade before he got anywhere.

The number of ghosts he saw fade, that he felt fade in that horrible place. Soul sucked into their cores only to be used up for more pieces of weaponry to use against others. He was fading and he knew it. He couldn't stay in the sky much longer. He needed to hide.

Danny had no idea where he was. He hadn't known where he was for months, maybe even years. Everywhere around him was a gothic dark and tastes like poison. He could sense the unease and darkness around him. Danny landed not so gracefully in front of an alleyway, tripping forward enough to fall flat on his chest. He groaned in pain.

He looked down. There was ectoplasm dripping from burns and blasts he didn't remember getting. He could barely feel the light sting in his knees from when they skinned themselves on the asphalt. Everything felt so far away and dulled. He wrapped his arms around himself trying to stop the bleeding before it got any worse.

He couldn't fade. Someone would find his abandoned core if he faded, it would all be too easy to find with the right scanners, let alone it being a glowing orb made of ice. And they would take him back. He couldn't do that, he could never... he needed to hide. He knew they could track his ecto-signature. He could hide it in his human form, but they knew what his human form looked like, too. But no one else did. And if they couldn't track him then maybe no one would recognize him.

A flash of Danny's transformation filled the alleyway for a split second. He prayed to Clockwork that no one saw. He felt suddenly more aware of the blood filling his throat. The pain in his vocal cords. He hacked up a weird mixture of green and scarlet onto the ground in front of him. He felt like he used his wail... but no, they cut up his vocal cords. He couldn't use it anymore... could he?

Suddenly he felt a presence watching him, searching for him... He had no idea what it was but it terrified him. He crawled across the alleyway probably smearing a mixture of blood and ecto behind him. But he didn't really care. He needed to hide. He took a moment to get his bearings and lift himself enough that he could stumble over to the back of the alley.

There was a dumpster at the back, pressed against the wall that Danny couldn't get behind. There was no way he could use his powers to stay invisible in this state, so he pressed his back against the wall in the corner.

There were footsteps. Boots hitting the ground. They didn't sound like any of the GiW standard-issue shoes they wore. Danny would recognize that sound anywhere. But the steps of whoever was looking for him were getting closer.