You're a flashlight in a dark room (kleinphy/hurtcomfort) PT 1

Start from the beginning

Alone.

Here, he's alone.

He doesn't have anyone to help him out of this dark pit he'd been in for his entire life.

He grabbed a garbage bag out of the cabinet underneath the sink, and began scooping in all the scraps left behind by his parents.

It took him about 15 minutes to get everything cleaned up, but he still had to scrub the countertops.

He leaned against the wall for a second, closing his eyes. He needed a break, even if it was just for 5 minutes. It hadn't been that much work if he was honest but he already had a shitty day and he was on the verge of snapping, he just needed a few seconds of rest.

A small noise from below made him open his eyes, a small tiny grin made its way onto his face. Standing right by his legs, staring up at him with wide eyes, was his cat.

She meowed, nuzzling against his jeans. He bent over to pet her, gently dragging his hand against her fur before picking her up.

"Hey there Nacho !" He smiled, watching as the small orange creature rubbed against his shirt. He glanced around the kitchen for a second, before beginning to step out.

"I can finish the rest in here later so you can sit with me for a little while, alright?" Nacho stared up at him as if she understood, even though Jared knew she had no fucking clue what he was talking about.

He went upstairs into his dads office, sitting down in the chair in front of the family computer.   He logged onto PG&E's website, what drove him crazy wasn't even the fact he had to do it, it was actually the opposite. It was so fucking easy, you just have to click a few buttons and that's it. She could've just asked him to do it in the first place and then they'd actually have power, or better yet just do it herself.

He turned off the computer after he was finished as he gently pet Nacho. The power would turn back on in a day or two, which wasn't quick enough for his laptop or his phone to last.

Jared rubbed his eyes, god he was so fucking tired. It wasn't even late, it was like 4 something, but he still had more things to do. He stood up, much to his pet's dismay. She let out an annoyed meow, her tail flicking back and fourth as she stared at him. He gave a quick apology before reentering the kitchen.

He bent down, digging through the cabinet underneath the sink. Grabbing a few bottles of cleaning spray, he then grabbed the sponge next to the sink. He looked at it for a second, it... felt weird.

He moved his hand, a blueish green substance coating the spot of the sponge where he was holding it.

"Fuck-! god- gross-!" Jared set it down back by the sink, rinsing his hands of any mold that might've rubbed off onto them. Not like it would've actually gotten it off though, the kitchen sink had the worlds shittiest water pressure.

He then grabbed a rag, guess he'd have to use it instead. He began spraying a bottle of cleaning spray onto the countertops that were stained and sticky, bits of rotten food and liquids caked into the surface. After letting the cleaner sit for a bit he wiped it off, sure some of the gunk came off but no where near all of it.

It took him nearly 3 hours to completely get the kitchen clean, including doing the dishes, and after that he still had other chores like laundry and sweeping and he's pretty sure he's supposed to clean his room but he doesn't remember, he'll do it anyways just in case.

It took until midnight to finish all his chores and he still had homework to do. Jared sat down at the desk in his room, he pulled out a few worksheets. He (sadly) couldn't bother Evan while he did his work considering he needed to save his battery up for the rest of the night at least.