I felt so bad that I had left her the way I did but as much as I wanted to call and tell her I missed her, I knew she was under enough stress without me adding to it. Hopefully when she wakes up she will give me a chance to explain why I ran out and hopefully see my reasons and forgive me. Elle gave me a look of sympathy as I looked up at her and Lisa but it quickly turned into anger. I didn't need her to tell me why and I honest to god didn't blame her either. As much as I wanted to believe that her anger was directed towards the person who did this, I knew deep down she was directing it right at me. Keeping my eyes glued on Isabella I decided to clear the air.

"Elle I get your mad at me but please not here." Elle didn't respond but her silence was an answer in itself. Jack broke the tight tension that was building in the room by calling me outside. As much as I didn't want to leave Isabella's side, I knew whatever it was had to be important, for Jack to pull me away.

I had only just reached the door when Jack told me that my men had found where Jaxon was hiding. Nevertheless his next words had me wanting to smack the wall. Not only had they found Jaxon but they had also lost him as he and a friend escaped. He had also informed me that the police were now chasing down Jaxon but truthfully I no longer wanted him locked up. Hell that wasn't good enough for what he had done. I wanted to make him suffer. I wanted to torture him until he was on the brink of death and then leave him in a bush just as he had Isabella but I would make sure he would suffer so much more if that was even possible. Then I would make sure that the bush I dumped him in would be in a place that no one would ever find him.

My phone rang and as much as I wasn't ready for any more bad news I answered in hope there wasn't any.

"Mark?" I croaked nervously. Holding my breath I awaited for the nurses report.

"Joshua, still the same no change." My heart slowed down from its panicked beat as the news sunk in. "Thanks Mark is Robert there with you yet?" I asked because I wanted Mark to help Jack because as much as I wanted to hunt Isabella's ex down, I couldn't for the life of me leave Isabella. Not now, not ever.

"Yes he's just arrived but Joshua don't you think you should be here?" I know he didn't mean it in a bad way and hell he was most probably right I should be there but for the life of me I couldn't bring myself to leave Isabella either. I stared at the white wall in front of me as I battled with myself.

"Mark I can't leave her again. I just can't do it. I love her. Tonight when....when I thought I had lost her, I just...." Mark cut me off. "I get that Joshua, I do, but this is your mother." He said sounding as torn as I felt. "Don't you think I know that!" I shouted feeling more frustrated and torn than ever. Here I was split between the only two women I've ever loved and would only love.

"Joshua listen. Robert is going to stay here and Paul and I will be with you as soon as we can ok?" I could tell Mark was upset with me right now but I could also tell he understood the situation I was in.

"Thank you Mark, can you make sure Robert calls me?" I asked my voice sounding as weak as I felt. "Yeah bro just hang in there ok. Everything will work out; we're here for you ok." He didn't wait for my reply and hung up. Swallowing down the massive lump that had lodged itself in the back of my throat I turned to make my way back to Isabella but was stopped in my tracks by an enraged looking Elle.

'Oh God please not now' I mumbled not able for any more crap.

Elle just stood there blocking my way. "What?" I snapped but not meaning too. "Don't you dare what me! IF YOU HADNT HAD BLOODY RUN, ISABELLA WOULDN'T BE IN THERE NOW LOOKING LIKE......LOOKING LIKE......" Elle screamed at me but didn't finish as she broke down. Her entire body shook with what I knew was the shock finally kicking in.

"Hey its ok Elle come on let's take a seat and I'll explain everything." I tried to soothe her but truthfully I didn't think I was going to be much help, as I was falling apart inside and out too. As much as I wanted to just get Jack to take my place and sit with her so I could go back to Isabella, I couldn't stand seeing any woman cry.

After taking a seat; I took in a deep breath as I was so close to losing it and I really didn't want to take it all out on Elle. This was going to be the first time I would be saying everything that's been happening out loud and truthfully I didn't know whether I was going to be able to or not. However, knowing I needed to do this I bit down on my nerves and began.

"Elle I never ran. I know that's what you are thinking but believe me I would, scratch that, I could never run from Isabella. I love her." I stopped for a second trying to form the next words I had to say. I could feel myself shaking but I knew I just had to tell her and get it over with.

"That phone call I received....it...... it was my friend Mark from the hospital." Inside it felt as if a coil was strangling in on itself crushing my every living organ but determined to tell her, I pushed on. "My mother was in an accident. She is lying in hospital across town right now critically fighting for her life." Saying it aloud hurt more than I ever thought possible. Coming from my mother's side to Isabella's was as if I was trapped in some wild nightmare. "Joshua you don't have to carry on." Elle whispered as she took hold of my trembling hand.

"NO. I do because you all thought I had left Isabella because she told me that she was pregnant. WELL YOU'RE WRONG! YOU WERE ALL WRONG! WHETHER YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT I LOVE HER TOO MUCH TO LET HER GO. ELLE MY MOTHER IS DYING RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK AND THE GIRL THAT I HAVE FALLING UTTERLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY IN LOVE WITH IS LYING IN THERE BEATEN TO AN INCH OF HER LIFE AND COULD BE BLIND FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE. THEN THAT POOR BABY.... OUR BABY......ISABELLA'S AND MY BABY MIGHT NOT EVEN SURVIVE AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT KILLS ME MORE THAN EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON IN THIS CRAZY NIGHTMARE OF MY LIFE? KNOWING THAT I COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE TO STOP WHOEVER DID THIS TO HER! ME! BUT I WASN'T BECAUSE I WAS SITTING AT MY DYING MOTHER'S BEDSIDE." Before Elle could say anything, I stood up and ran into Isabella's room.

**********************************

Do you forgiver Joshua?

Did you think Elle was right to confront Joshua?

Do you think someone will catch Jaxon?

If so who do you think:

The police or Jack and his men?

Ohhhh it's getting tense now!

So much love and hugs goes out to all of you Mel xoxo