Chapter 46

Hey all, today i received a message from one of my readers and it had me to tears.  I wanted to share it with all of you in hope that with some more prayers she will find her peace as well her family.

Message:

My best friend/sister has been reading this book on my laptop, and she just found out she has lung cancer. She's an orphan, my family adopted her, but she's well into the process, and the doctors say that due to something in her blood, she can't be cured or even treated for it. She's read this book over and over again about 20 or 30 times, and it's one of the only things that's keeping her sane right now. Whenever I hear her sob, it breaks my heart. I would really appreciate it if you update, for her. She's only got a few days to live, at most, and she said if she could finish reading this book, or even get another chapter, she'd be able to die with happiness, and rest in peace. I really hope you take this into consideration, I love her and would do anything for her. This is really hard for me, and I can't bear to see her hurt. She can barely breathe now, and I don't know what I'll do when she's...gone. I just hope she finds the harmony and goodwill she deserves.

I am going to try my hardest to update tomorrow as well. I would love to say that I could complete this book by the end of the week but i really don't want to make a promise that i might not be able to keep. However, i am going to try xx

All my love Mel xoxo

**************************

Chapter 46

An hour later and we were heading back to the dreaded courts. Mentally I was more prepared but still, knowing I had to face that scum of the earth again, made me anxious. Although everyone was laughing and joking you could tell a mile away that is was all just a cover up. I appreciated them trying to lighten the mood that started to set in as we left the house but I needed to focus on putting up a wall so I could get through today.

Feeling stronger and a little more aware as we walked into the courts, I walked straight up to Mr Hugo. Giving him a small smile I shook his hand in greeting.

"Morning all," he greeted all the others. "Isabella I just want to warn you that today will be harder than yesterday. Now when the judge asks you to tell her your side I want you to forget that we are in the court room. I want you to tell the judge exactly what happened that night. I hate that I even have to ask this of you but the best way to get your story across, is to relive that night." I felt as if I couldn't breathe. My heart was pounding so hard it felt as if it was going to stop if not explode.

"Breathe. Come on Isabella big deep breaths, you can do it." I tried taking in deep breaths as Joshua had demanded but it felt as if something was blocking my airways. My lungs were burning for oxygen yet I couldn't get any.

"She's having a panic attack" Someone screamed. All I could see were the Black and white dots that smothered my vision, dizzy I felt as if I was going to pass out. A brown paper bag was placed securely over my mouth and slowly I could feel my burning deprived lungs begin to fill with air. "That's a good girl, keep doing what you're doing." Mr Hugo's voice was gentle and encouraging and before I knew it, my breathing was back to normal. My blackened vision came back along with the steady rhythm of my heart. Taking a seat on the bench that was situated right outside the room we were to enter; I took a few minutes to pull myself together.

This is my one and only chance to lock Jaxon up and by god, if not for me, I had to do it for my baby. This wasn't the time to be weak or even passing out! I had to get a grip of myself. Hell I just needed to have one of my nightmares but instead of sleeping through them live through them in there. Maybe this will be the last time I will ever have to say it all aloud.

Knowing this was my one and only chance to get Jaxon out of our life forever, I took in the biggest lung full of air. "Ok I can do this!...... Let's go" without waiting for a reply, I walked straight towards the doors. Without looking back I marched straight on into the room of doom, as I now call it.

Jaxon was already seated as we walked in, he had guards stationed either side of him. This made him look like the criminal he was. His hands were still in cuffs which made me feel a little safer being so close to him. Keeping my eyes on him I sat down.

This was it. I kept reassuring myself. No matter how hard this was going to be I was going to do it. If I was to weaken now, he would not only, possibly go free but he could come after me and finish what he had set out to do the first time. Then there was Elise to think of. He would in no doubt find out about her before long, well that's if he didn't know already and just the mere thought of what he could possibly do to her made me shudder.

The judge walked in and as I stood; I looked up. I felt shocked but also relieved to see that we had a new judge. My brave front began to weaken as dreaded thoughts of Jaxon paying someone off to bring in his own judge, went through my head. Ice cold chills down my spine at just the thought. However, my dreaded thoughts were soon dissolved as I heard Jaxon's chair hit the floor. He was literally thrashing his body about as he tried to break free from the two guards who were holding him down. Hearing Jaxon screaming abuse at the new Judge, it didn't take me too long to catch onto what had got him so fuming.

That was why the judge had sided with him yesterday. She was one of the many he had paid off. I thought to myself.

While the officers and lawyer tried to sit him down as well as calming him down, Mr Hugo explained to Joshua and I, how he had called ahead this morning to change judges as he got a tip off last night after he left our house.

My heart calmed at this information. The judge had ordered another guard into the room and now Jaxon was sat cuffed to two armed guards as well as another one who came and stood right behind him.

"Mr Jaxon. If you cannot contain yourself in my court, then I will have no other option then to have you removed. Not only will I have you locked up but this case will carry on without you. Do you understand?" Jaxon looked at the judge with so much hatred but nodded. Squirming back into my seat my eyes were now glued on anything but Jaxon.

"I can't hear you?" the judge stated firmly.

"Yes sir" he spat out.

"Good now let's start."

The judge looked towards me and gave me a reassuring smile. "Isabella please stand." Instantly I stood up. My legs however, where having problems at holding me up as they suddenly felt like jelly. Nevertheless, I managed to stand, as I held onto the table for my dear life.

"I have read through your statements as well as the many files but in your own time, I would like to hear what happened on the night of twenty-fourth of April in your own words." Swallowing hard, I pictured Elise's little face. My body warmed with the love for my daughter. Joshua placed his hand on top of my trembling hand and started rubbing soothing circles. Looking down, Joshua gave me an encouraging smile and that was all I needed. Looking up at the judge I took a deep breath and begun from the beginning.

"I had just come home from being out with friends celebrating our new start to life. I never usually come home alone but that night I was tired and I didn't want to ruin my friend's night." My heart began to speed up as I began mentally reliving that night.

"As I went to open my front door; I suddenly felt someone moving up close behind me. I was about to scream but then I heard Jaxon's voice. He sounded drunk and I didn't want to anger him as I had heard about how Jaxon became aggressive whilst drunk. I started panicking so I took a quick step back and closed the door. I then asked' Jaxon why was he here?' His reply was 'because... I love you Isabella.' He then went on about how he had made the biggest mistake of his life in leaving me." I stopped to steady my cracking voice.

"He then begged me to take him back." I knew everyone could hear the disgust in my voice, hell, even I could. A sob escaped me; as I could feel myself being swallowed up as my mind drifted back to that night.

*************************