Chapter 25

Elle, Lisa and I had a visit from the police and to say I wanted to punch them was an understatement. They kept asking me question after question and then some more. It was as if they didn't believe me which really irritated me as well as Lisa and Elle. Who would lie about something like this? Even though I hadn't seen myself or no one had mentioned how I looked, I knew by the amount of pain I was suffering they could clearly see I wasn't lying.  I seriously thought it was never going to end. Finally they left but not before telling me that they had stationed two officers outside my room and will need to speak to me again. Just knowing they were there I began to relax.

Elle Lisa and I talked about everything and anything that had nothing to do with Jaxon or the police. The baby was the biggest topic and or course Joshua. They told me he was a keeper even though they hated the way he ran off on me. Elle shocked me by saying this because she was a Joshua hater ha ha. However, no matter how much they kept me talking it still didn't stop me fearing Joshua's safety.

Joshua

Leaving Isabella was the hardest thing I ever had to do but I had to do it. Not just for myself but for Isabella too. I knew I would never rest, knowing he's still out there and not knowing what he was up to worried me even more. I could only imagine how Isabella must be feeling right now, I thought to myself.  Knowing Lisa and Elle as well as the two police officers were there with her, helped ease my mind a little.

With my mind coming up with plans of what I was going to do to Jaxon when I found him scared me a little. Nevertheless nothing I will do will ever be enough for what his done, not even killing him. Holding my wrist I scolded myself for being so stupid for punching the wall. As mad as I was at myself for screaming and fighting in front of Isabella, especially after all she's been through, I was fuming that Jaxon had gotten away. I wanted to kill that sol of a bitch but first I had to find him.

 Jack was keeping quiet and for now I was glad of it. My phone started ringing and as much as I didn't want to talk to anyone, I needed to answer it. Holding my breath I awaited the news that I have been dreading for days. 'Please god don't let my mother die on me, please.' I silently pleaded to god above. "Joshua." I stopped praying and replied nervously.

"Yes I'm here." The phone became eerily silent sending my brain into fearing the worse. "You need to get here like now." The urgency in his voice had my heart near on stopping. I nodded forgetting he couldn't see me but thankfully Jack spoke up for me. My heart pounded hard in my chest and as much as I didn't want to fear the worst I knew deep down that.....that my mother was.....gone. Even with my head so messed up and my heart breaking I still wouldn't let the tears fall I needed to hold it together.

Arriving at my mother's hospital room; it was as if my legs had turned to jelly. Jack hooked his arm through mine as he helped me walk into the room. Hearing none of the machines or the loud beeping sounds my heart sunk. I was too late. My mother died and I never got to say goodbye. Tears ran freely down my face as I stood numbly with my eyes still tightly closed. I didn't want to see her laid out in front of me. I wanted to see her warm motherly smile the one she always gave me the one filled with love.

 Slowly opening my eyes shock hit me first and then the reality hit me like a ton of bricks. There I was staring at nothing. My mother was no longer in the room and the first thing that came to mind was that they had taken her away already.

 "NO!" I screamed out as Jack pulled me into a hug. "NO JACK NO!"  My heart was broken my mother the woman who raised me all by herself had gone. I felt empty, cold. "MOTHER!" I screamed hoping she would walk in here and tell me everything was alright but she wouldn't because she was no longer here.

"Joshua? What the hell is wrong with him Jack?" I heard Robert ask. He was sounding a little too happy for my liking. What was wrong with him? My mother near enough raised him and he's here acting as if nothing had happened, like I hadn't just lost my mother. Jack didn't respond but then Robert began laughing while slapping me on the back.

"Damn man sorry but this is funny...." He said in between laughs. I wanted to punch him so badly and if it wasn't for Jack holding me in a death grip, I would've done more than just punch him.

"Come on your mother has been moved. She's woken up and is dying to see you. She is very weak but by God that hasn't stopped her from nagging me about you." At first I thought it was just my ears playing tricks on me but when I looked up at Jack, he looked as shocked as I was feeling. They said my mother was going to die and now she's awake? Wiping my face; Roberts's words sunk deeper and deeper until my mind actually registered I was still standing in this empty room when my mother was alive.

 "She's alive! My mother's alive! What we waiting for, let's go?" I shouted while pulling Robert out of the room.

After I spent a couple of hours with my mother, telling her everything that has happened since the crash, I  even told her all about Isabella and what had happened to her. I got so carried away I even told her that Isabella was pregnant. Thankfully I had the most understanding and loving mother ever, as she seemed just as happy as I was. I was feeling ecstatic that my mother was alive let alone awake and from with the news the doctors told me, she should make a full recovery with time.

Seeing she was getting tired and needed to get some rest, I told her I would be back later to see her which she refused point blank. She told me I was under no circumstances to leave Isabella's side and although she was delighted to see me she was a little mad I had left her alone while knowing her attacker was still out there. I guess this hit my mother hard because of living through it herself. I guess if anyone knew exactly what Isabella was going through right now it was my mother.

 She smiled, we hugged and placing a kiss on her forehead felt more precious and meaningful than ever before. She really was alive and although the doctors and I were still in shock at her recovery. I know deep down it was a miracle. 

"Love you mother." I whispered in her ear as her eyes closed. Feeling on a high I was now ready to face Jaxon head on. I'm going to hunt him down until I find him, then I am going to beat the living daylights out of him and then let Jack and the rest of my men who have been out searching for him beat him some more. Then and only then might I hand him over to the authorities. Well that's if he makes it that is.

"Right Jack, Paul Robert lets go find that evil piece of crap." And with those words we were on our way.

My hands trembled with a mixture of adrenaline and hatred. Hatred for Jaxon!

*******************************

Hey all, first of all I want to say a massive THANK YOU to all of you wonderful readers!!!

My heart really went out to Joshua in this chapter bless him but at least now he has one less thing to worry over now. He can hunt Jaxon down now without worrying about his mother or even Isabella, as he knows they are both being well looked after.

I'm biting my nails now. I hope to god they find Joshua.

If they do, do you think Joshua is going to keep his promise to Isabella and not kill him?

All my love Melxoxo