19 - of repeated offender and stupid loser

Start from the beginning

"I mean, you just talked about it," Mairi pointed out.

"Well yeah, but seriously... Michelle needs to pull her shit together! I get it if it's her first week, but it's been months, and she's not showing any improvement!" The server continued ranting. "How's Jeanne not freaking out? She must have the patience of a saint. I bet most of our expenses went to replacing all the stuff she breaks!"

Oh yeah, you're the extremely chatty one.

Mairi continued mopping up all the shards on the floor. Perhaps Jeanne understood Michelle's proneness to these calamities, so at this point, acceptance was the only option. At least she managed to get her job done, and for Jeanne, that deserved compliments. I guess that works.

Both guilt and shame clung hard to Michelle as she helplessly trod back with the paper bag. While so, Mairi instinctively jerked her head at the rattling noises of the doorbell. "Michelle, can you get the couple there?" She instructed.

While the brunette scampered for the incoming patrons, Mairi came in direct contact with a pair of dilated brown eyes accompanied by a profound frown from her beloved co-worker.

"You remember her name but not mine? Seriously?!" She protested, crossing her arms.

The cosplayer tilted her head. "Jodie?"

She stared hard. "Jasmine."

"Ah." No wonder that sounded even more familiar compared to the other names. With all the remains stashed away, she folded the paper bag and stood up. "Close enough."

"That's not even close!!" cried out Jasmine as she smacked her palm on her face. "You're just as hopeless as Michelle, I swear."

"Right, but at least I have the decency to ask for details instead of walking around literally complaining about everyone," rebutted Mairi, and her coworker's expression fell into oblivion. "Don't worry, you're not alone. We each have our own strengths and issues, that's why we're helping each other. It's like a win-win situation." Tapping Jasmine's stiffening shoulder, she sauntered to the back and dumped the rest of the mess.

As pretty as it sounded, the fact she never registered her name and filtered it out instead, was kind of a mystery. Perhaps Jasmine had attributes not worth being committed to her memory, or maybe she was simply that... unremarkable. I guess my brain has other stuff to be concerned about.

"WAAH!!!"

It barely reached a minute or two since Mairi stepped foot out of the dining room, and already there was a shriek tearing throughout the vicinity. There was no need to put too much thought into it; yet an additional evidence of Michelle being abundantly blessed by the god of accidents. Basically it's another mundane day... but how many blessings did she receive?

Wiping her hand with the handkerchief, Mairi marched back to the unfolding scene, shoving a new paper bag just in case.

Much to nobody's surprise, Michelle was the perpetrator, but there was one difference — which albeit not original, it had Mairi's brows raised. A young man had kept Michelle on her feet as she practically leaned against his chest, preventing her from performing an epic nosedive to the ground and squashing her pitiful face. Yes, very pitiful.

"God, I'm so sorry!" Michelle flailed her arms, scrambling to get out of the way. "I didn't mean to step on you!"

Judging from the clean floor, she didn't break anything at least.

"All good!" The customer chuckled as he massaged his neck. "It happens."

Happens all the time. Fixed that for you.