Chapter 48- Bring Me Back To Life

It's raining a bit.

The small little droplets hit the windows of the car making the silence much more bearable. Carter and I got into an argument while finishing up the drive to get here.

It was a stupid argument and I wish I did not bring it up. I also wish he did not bring it up. He is so stubborn.

For most of the drive, he was quiet and I knew he was thinking about the coma and what he endeared. Sometimes, people remember all of it or remember a snip bit of the coma. Whether it was the sounds, smells, and even touch of people who were conscious.

The entity really did a number on him, I can tell through how exhausted he is. I won't lie and say I am any better, but I have been through this before.

Literally, my entire life the entity at my old house did this to me. In the middle of the night, it would create false realities in my dreams and they would seem so real.

It was an out-of-body experience that you will never forget. You can feel and see many different things, but they are not real.

The only way you can ever get out of it is if someone who is conscious can reach you somehow. Kind of what I did with Carter except I could see and feel him, most people can't.

The weakness is always right in front of you. There is just a split second where you can grab it and pull it like your life depends on it. Your life does depend on it and the entity knows that.

Sometimes, the entity or negative spirits will let you go and then come back for more. It is how they feed to get more energy.

Possession is different than what the entity was doing. It is much more complicated than forcing someone into a fake scenario in their head.

When we crossed state lines, Carter was feeling kind of whipped. I asked him if I could drive and he said there were only a few minutes left then we could rest.

"Carter, let me drive."

"No, there are only a few minutes left," he turned down a side road. "We will rest and drive again when it is light out."

"Can you at least tell me how you are feeling?" His eyes have been on the road for a while and he hasn't said anything to me.

The silence beyond the radio fills the car again and I sigh in frustration. He tenses his grip around the wheel and sighs.

"There is nothing to tell, I am fine." That is complete bullshit, he has a concussion and broken ribs. He is not fine.

"Babe, you are in pain, I can tell," he shakes his head at me.

"Don't do that," I know he is trying to shut me out.

Again, silence fills the car, "don't do what?"

"Don't shut me out," I raise my voice a little.

Irritated, "I am your girlfriend who not only is trying to help you but just went through the same thing you did."

"It is not the same thing," he breathes.

His nostrils flare, and I can almost see the steam about to come out of his ears. Grabbing the water bottle from the center, he opens it and chugs the rest of the water.

Carter throws the water bottle in the back seat. As he does so, he loses control of the wheel for a second. The car jerks, but he manages to regain control.

"Fuck, Carter!" I yell at him, "this is what I am talking about, you shouldn't be driving."

"God, just shut up!" He pounds the side of the wheel, "Sarah, shut the fuck up!!"