Chapter 39- Witcher

CARTER POV

*ring*

*ring*

*ring*

"Ugh," loud chining rining stirs me.

I open my eyes and everything around me is completely dark. Freezing my ass off, I sit up and rub my hands over my face.

Gleaming stars pour down onto the road infornt of me, shit I must have been out for a while. Goosebumps cover my arms and my nose is stiff.

*Ding*

I look down to my phone where the noise came from and see I have a notification for a voicemail. I unlock my phone and play it.

"Hey Carter, this is Sarah's dad." Oh shit, "I wanted to call you and let you know that there is still no progress of her state. I know it isn't the news we want to hear, but it is better than her declining."

He pauses for a moment like he is listening to something, "Soran has been missing from his friend's house and with Becky's body being found, the police are looking for him to ask questions."

"I don't know why they are, but it would mean a lot to my and my wife if you could tell us anything you know." A sharp breeze passes me and I shiver in response, I grab my shirt from the other seat and slide it on over my head.

"Anyway, call me and we can talk or you can swing by the hospital." He pauses again, but I hear another voice in the background, it sounds like Sarah's mom.

"Ye-yeah, okay," He clears his throat, "we know you and Sarah have been seeing each other, even if it is against our wishes."

What is the point of this, hurry the fuck up.

"We want you to know that we don't blame you for anything and we are not mad at you, we also want to talk to you about your dad," he finally fucking finishes.

"Give us a call," I stop the recording, I am not gonna listen to the rest.

The smell of rotting flesh contains the air and I realize it's my arm after further investigation. My shirt must have unraveled and that's why it was on the seat and not on my arm.

Dark crusty red patches cover my forearm with red irritated skin around the edges. The wound is swollen.

By now I am used to this shit. Cuts, bruises, broken bones, and shit. My dad doesn't really like the fact I am up to speed on his shit.

The Allens have stepped up for me. I didn't expect them to nor did I want them to, but I did it for Sarah.

She showed me what love is and how I should never take anything for granted. Her life is so messed up.

I could never imagine her life being mine. Sure, I have been through some shit, but damn.

Mr.Allen contacted me privately. He actually came uo to me at my work and told me that Sarah told him what my dad did.

He was furious to say the least. The moment I heard him talk about my dad and what he did, I was mad at Sarah for saying anything, but Mr.Allen told me not to be, only she was looking out for my well being.

My dad and him had a discussion about trading branches. My dad left to manage that branch in the southern part of Maine and come home on the weekends.

That is when Mr.Allen said that I could spend the weekends at his house. I declined and said I would be fine on my own.