69. Tough Love🔞

tw//toxic relationship

___________

Jisoo sat in the corner booth of a coffee shop, her eyes drifting to the steam rising from her cup, lost in her thoughts. She sipped her latte absentmindedly, patiently waiting for her girlfriend Jennie to arrive.

Jennie had a tendency for being late. She was never on time, always making Jisoo wait. But Jisoo didn't mind, she waited with a smile on her face, knowing she wouldn't be stood up by her even if she was late.

With a delay of over forty minutes, Jennie glided into the coffee shop, her radiant smile illuminating the room. Jisoo's heart skipped a beat as she looked up, her face instantly lighting up.

She slid into the booth across from Jisoo, her delicate fingers brushing against Jisoo's hand as she reached for the menu.

"Did you wait long?" Jennie asked while skimming through the menu.

"Not really." Jisoo lied.

"Did you already eat?" Jennie glanced at the cup in her girlfriend's hands.

"No, I waited for you!" Jisoo exclaimed like she did something good for which she should get praise.

"I thought you didn't wait long." Jennie raised an eyebrow, grinning at her. Jisoo blushed in response.

"Okay, maybe I did wait long but you are here now. So I can't complain when it was worth it." Jisoo flashed her a carefree smile.

Jennie squeezed her hand, pulling it up to kiss her knuckles. "Good girl." She whispered, intensifying her blush.

Then she let go of her hand and called a waiter over.

"I'll have a bacon and cheese sandwich. Toasted, with extra avocado." The brunette started.

"And for your drink?" The waiter with the name tag 'Jinyoung' scribbled down.

"A glass of sparkling water with lemon." She told him before turning to her girlfriend. "What do you want, baby?"

"I already have my drink, so any food recommendations?" She asked the waiter.

Jinyoung's lips curled into an enchanted smile, watching the raven.

"Our turkey club sandwiches are mean." He claimed before leaning over to show her the page in the menu. His hand brushed against Jisoo's bare arm since she was wearing a white, short-sleeved tee.

"Sounds good--"

"She'll have a grilled chicken panini. With sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and melted mozzarella cheese." A frown crossed Jennie's face as she interrupted her and intently watched the waiter.

Jinyoung blinked in surprise. "I thought she wanted the turkey--"

"The chicken panini." Jennie repeated impatiently, rolling her eyes.

Jinyoung opened his mouth to counter. Jennie must have sensed it because she cast him a glare which made him refrain from speaking.

"Yeah, what she said." Jisoo agreed easily.

Jinyoung hesitantly nodded, taking note of the order.

"Great choices. We'll get your drink and food ready. It won't be long." He said politely before walking away.

Jennie was still glaring at his back as he distanced himself from them. Only when he was out of her sight did she tear her gaze off. She sighed and grumpily placed her cheek in her palm, plopping her elbow on the table.

Jisoo observed Jennie's frustrated expression, her own smile fading slightly. "Is something wrong, babe?"

"It's just... that waiter was checking you out. I don't like that. It's good that you didn't agree with him though. So he doesn't get any ideas." Jennie praised her casually inbetween complaints.