25. Potion 2

Normally Jisoo's three roommates would be present but tonight they are secretly on a party which Jisoo couldn't attend because she was on house arrest. Even her diligent roommate was dragged to it. That's why she and Jennie had room 207 to themselves, for one night.

"You sure you don't want to wear pyjamas?" Jisoo asked the cat again.

'Cats are naked, that's normal.' Jennie rolled her eyes.

She suspects that Jisoo doesn't think differently too, she just wants to see the kitten wear tiny clothes and take pictures of it. She might even have a folder of cat pictures.

"Want to brush your teeth?" Jisoo fluffed her pillow after getting ready for bed.

'Again, I'm a cat.' Jennie repeated grumpily.

"I can help." Jisoo's face lit up like that's what she planned to do all along. She opened a drawer and took out a new toothbrush.

She went to the bathroom with Jennie following her and helped Jennie brush her teeth while the cat sat on the sink.

The cat spit it out and rinsed her mouth before she hopped down and went straight to the bed, laying herself down on the fluffed up pillow as she let out a groan and stretched her body.

Jisoo watched her with adoration and went beside her before turning the lights out.

'Wait.' The cat turned her face to her.

"Lumos." Jisoo used a charm to light up the tip of her wand when Jennie signalled her that she wanted to say something.

'I think we should draw a line.' Jennie exclaimed and showed her that she should stay on her half of the bed.

"Okay." Jisoo turned the light off again with the Nox Charm and closed her eyes.

It looked a bit odd how the small cat had an entire half of the bed for herself even though she only used up a small space but Jisoo didn't mention it. She easily agreed to it.

•••••

The next day Jisoo hid Jennie once again in her backpack and placed it on her lap while she was eating at the Ravenclaw table, in the Great Hall.

Every now and then when no one was looking, she slipped a sausages, a poached egg and a toast with butter into her backpack so the cat could have breakfast.

It was harder to put the entire mug of tea in there so she held it down and waited until Jennie licked up most of it.

Her hand got a bit wet but otherwise she managed to do it without anyone noticing, or so she hopes.

Although students at Hogwarts are allowed to bring animals, it's a luxury, and Jisoo's housemates know she doesn't own a cat. It would gain too much attention.

"Here you go, a can of tuna and a bottle of milk to go." Her follow Ravenclaw Jeongmin got for her as she asked her to.

"Thanks." Jisoo stored it in her backpack for later, just in case Jennie gets hungry.

"I still can't believe the Slytherin witch snitched on you... You can't even buy food anymore..." Seolhee pouted.

"It's not for long." Jisoo assured her and patted her shoulder.

"If you ask me, we have to pay her back." Hyeryeong scoffed, flipping her hair.

The cat in the backpack shuffled too loud, so Jisoo had to slip a hand in and stroke her head to calm her down.

"I'm good guys! Besides, we know better than to start a circle of pettiness right?" Jisoo asked sharply.

"Jisoo is right." Jeongmin agreed, closing her book. "It's nonsense to fight with a Slytherin. They never back down."